|There is more information available on this subject at Neill Blomkamp on the English Wikipedia.|
- "I love Halo. Still. But I seem to have a bad track record of turning existing franchises into films. haha, Do I love the world? Master Chief? Reach, the Colonies, the Flood, the Covenant? YES. Am I going to end up directing a piece in that world? probably not--meaning no one is asking me."
- — Blomkamp on the possibility of directing a Halo film
Blomkamp works with RATEL VFX in Vancouver, a small studio specializing in TVC VFX. He is represented by RSA Films in Los Angeles, and Spy Films in Toronto. Blomkamp employs a documentary-style, hand-held, cinéma vérité technique, blending seamlessly with naturalistic and photo-realistic computer-generated imagery effects.
When plans for the film eventually fell through, Jackson and Blomkamp instead started production on District 9. Many elements from the cancelled Halo film were re-used or adapted for District 9, including the basic Warthog and Pod infector designs.
- ^ GameSpot - After Halo Movie Fell Apart, Director Still Wants Another Shot
- ^ Gamespy: Director Announced for Halo Film
- ^ Joystiq: Neill Blomkamp's Halo 3 Landfall
- ^ Hollywood: Peter Jackson Explains How "Halo" Became "District 9"