Energy shield test station
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
The energy shield test station, nicknamed the "zapper", is a piece of machinery used to bring online inactive MJOLNIR armor energy shields as well as to test them. Though the device charges shields, they must be activated by the wearer. Energy shield test stations are found on UNSC ships or facilities equipped for Spartans, including the cryo bay of the UNSC Pillar of Autumn and the armory of Cairo Station.
- The Pillar of Autumn's energy shield testing station produces the same noise as an overcharged plasma pistol. This could be due to time constraints and a lack of a unique sound for the tester.
- In both Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2, it is possible for the player to stand outside the shield tester yet experience its effects as normal. However, the player will still be unable to move while the device is active.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Combat Evolved
- Halo: The Flood
- Halo 2
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
- Halo 2: Anniversary
- Halo: Combat Evolved, campaign level The Pillar of Autumn
- Halo 2, campaign level The Armory
- Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 236