From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|This article does not meet the wiki's general standards and/or standards on layouts. You can help by cleaning this article.|
A collection of quotes said by Tartarus. This list does not include quotes from Halo: Contact Harvest.
- "You've drawn quite a crowd." - To the later Arbiter before he is given the Mark of Shame.
- "Are you sure?" - To 'Vadamee, who says he will not beg for mercy.
- "...There can be no greater heresy! Let him be an example for all who would break our Covenant!" - To the crowd, moments before giving the Mark of Shame to 'Vadam.
- "Quiet! You two whimper like Grunts fresh off the teat! He's not meant for the jails. The Hierarchs have something special in mind." - To the Brutes carrying Thel 'Vadamee after his punishment.
- "Noble Prophets of Truth and Mercy, I have brought the incompetent." - Said as he brings the Arbiter to the Prophets to be executed.
- "But, I thought..." - When told by the Prophet of Truth to leave the Mausoleum of the Arbiter and to take his Brutes with him.
- "Release the prisoner." - To the Brutes escorting Thel 'Vadamee to the Mausoleum.
- "So it is. Come, we are leaving this system." - In response to the capture of 343 Guilty Spark, on the Heretic gas mine.
- "Once the shield is down, we will head straight to the Library. I do not wish to keep the Hierarchs waiting." - To the Arbiter, when flying to Installation 05's Library on board a Covenant Phantom.
- "Who do you think?" - In response to the Arbiter's question on who the human was that killed the Prophet of Regret.
- "Hmph. Why, looking for a little payback?" - To the Arbiter, who is surprised that the Master Chief is on Installation 05.
- "Ha ha ha ha, of course." - To the Arbiter, who claims that his only concern is to retrieve the Sacred Icon.
- "Lower the shield Arbiter! I'll pick you up when you've finished!" - After saving the Arbiter from a Forerunner Enforcer.
- "You're getting close to one of the Shield Generators, many of my Brutes have fallen attempting to take it down. Lets see if you fare better." - To the Arbiter, who draw closers to the Containment Shield's generator.
- "You've reached the power source, Arbiter. Overload the locks holding it in place. It is useless to attack an Enforcer from the front, especially when its shields are up. Stay in the shadows, wait until it loses interest, then strike the beast when its back is turned." - To the Arbiter, who encounters an Enforcer guarding the generator.
- "Release the power source. Now, find a way to remove it from its cradle." - To the Arbiter, who eliminates the Enforcer and disables the locks.
- "Our path to the Library's clear. I'll pick you up on the ledge ahead." - To the Arbiter, who disables the shield.
- "Blasted machines! Make your own way through the wall, Arbiter!" - When flying the Phantom to the Sentinel Wall, but attacked by more an Enforcer and group of Sentinels.
- "I see that coward didn't join you. I'll do what I can to keep the Flood off your back." - To the Arbiter after Rtas 'Vadum leaves to fight the Flood.
- "We cannot let the humans capture the Icon. The Hierarchs do not look kindly on failure." - When the Gondola Arbiter is on starts moving.
- "I'll thin their ranks." - In an attempt to lessen the Flood's numbers.
- "Humans, I'll deal with them." - When he spots the Human forces on the other Gondola.
- "The humans are already inside, Arbiter! After them! I'll watch the perimeter." - When the Covenant troops' Gondola has reached the Library.
- "Hurry, Arbiter! Get the Icon!" - To the Arbiter, rushing him to get to the Icon before the Humans.
- "Was your responsibility. Now it is mine." To the Arbiter stating that he is taking over responsibility of the Icon.
- "A bloody fate awaits you and the rest of your incompetent race, and I, Tartarus, Chieftain of the Brutes will send you to it!" - To the Arbiter as he betrays the Elites.
- "When they learn? Ha ha. Fool! They ordered me to do it!" - Talking about the Prophets cooperating in the betrayal of the Elites. Moments before attempting to kill the Arbiter, who is subsequently rescued by the Gravemind.
- "The Demon has infiltrated the Council Chamber! Protect the Hierarchs! Seal the exits!" - Through loudspeakers located in multiple areas in High Charity, when the Master Chief teleports into High Charity.
- "Reinforce all approaches to the holding pens, slay the Demon on sight!" - Through loudspeakers, to the guards in High Charity.
- "Rise, pack brothers! Cast down the Elites!" - To his fellow Brutes through loudspeakers, marking the beginning of the Covenant Civil War.
- "Once the towers are clear, we'll drive them from the lower district!" - Commanding the Brutes on the loudspeakers.
- "The Elites are falling back to the Mausoleum. Fools! Their Arbiter can do nothing for them now." - Through loudspeakers, mocking the leader-less Elites.
- "My faith is strong. I will not fail." - To the Prophet of Truth, who hands him Halo's Activation Index.
The Great Journey
- "Mine will do. Kill the others." - Said to Brutes once he decides to use Miranda Keyes as the Reclaimer.
- "Come Human, it is easy. Take the Icon in your hand...(growl) and do as you are told!" - Inside Halo's Control Room, growing impatient at the reluctant Commander Keyes, who refuses to activate Halo.
- "One more word, Oracle, and I'll rip your eye from its socket." - To 343 Guilty Spark, when he states that Miranda is delicate, compared to Alpha Halo's Reclaimer, John-117.
- "Which is nothing compared to what I'll do to you..."- To Miranda Keyes, after he says to Spark that he will rip his eye from its socket.
- "Impossible." - To himself, when he realizes that the Arbiter, still alive, has entered Halo's Control Room and is right behind him.
- "Take care, Arbiter. What you say is heresy!" - To the Arbiter as he tries to talk Tartarus out of activating Halo.
- "Put it down? And disobey the Hierarchs?" - When asked by the Arbiter to put down the Activation Index.
- "Not another WORD!"- To 343 Guilty Spark, who attempts to explain Halo's function under the Arbiter's request, but was stopped immediately by the Brute.
- "No, Arbiter! The Great Journey has begun, and the Brutes, not the Elites, shall be the Prophets' escort!" - Said before activating Halo. The last line said before the final battle.
- When the player stalls in the final battle:
- "You want revenge? Well, here I am. Come and take it!"
- "What's the matter, Arbiter? Afraid of my little hammer?"
- "Beneath that fancy armor, you're nothing but a coward!"
- "Just like the rest of your race, cowardly and weak!"
- "A lucky hit. You shall not land another." - After being hit by the Arbiter for the first time. Last known line.