The Domain has a number of similarities to the Akashic Records. A theoretical storage system that houses all the knowledge and history of the universe, past, present, and future. I wasn't sure if it warranted going in the trivia section, I believe it does but there seems to be about five people on this wikia that if they disagree they will not allow for something to be somewhere. Also I'm not entirely sure how to place it there. TLLorax (talk) 20:55, 17 April 2013 (EDT)
- I do see a number of similarities between the Domain and the Akashic Records. If you were to place it in the page, you would need to do so in the trivia section. Any other thoughts? -- SFH (talk) 09:21, 19 April 2013 (EDT)
No. I did mention how I wanted to place it in the trivia section but I'm not good at adding stuff to pages. That and the few times I've managed to place something in the trivia section it was removed because I guess trivia has to be a special type of trivia to count. TLLorax (talk) 11:40, 19 April 2013 (EDT)
100 Billion Years?
Given that the universe has been calculated to be roughly 14 billion years old, I have to conclude that either:
- Greg Bear never bothered to crack open an "Introduction to Astronomy" textbook before putting pen to paper, or...
- The vast majority of the information contained within the Domain from before the Big Bang consists of "Back in those days, it was very hot, crowded, and stank like a gym sock crushed into a singularity." or...
- The Precursors picked up a used TARDIS for peanuts while passing through the Medusa Cascade. —This unsigned comment was made by DJenser (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Given his career as a hard sci-fi author, I doubt option 1. And with option 2, it is entirely possible that 343i could decide that the Precursors originated in a universe before this one was created, ala the Beast to challenge in-universe scientists perceptions of objective reality. Regarding option 3, the Primordial never said it was linear time. We know that manipulation of percieved time is entirely possible - the Forerunners imprisoned it in temporal stasis that made it experience billions of years in a matter of minutes until it decayed into nothing. We also know that time travel is possible - the Master Chief used a presumably Forerunner crystal to do so. We also know that the Forerunners learned everything they knew from the Precursors, who were even more advanced. I find it entirely possible that by making use of time loops, and stretching it out again, the Precursors were able to accumulate so much knowledge.
- It may be that it was thrown in to confuse us and lead to speculation, and we will never find out what was really meant, or if it even means anything. I'm hopeful that this is the case. The 343i-verse has been answering far too many questions, and injecting back a bit of mystery and enigma into the universe is much appreciated. -- Qura 'Morhek The Autocrat of Morheka 18:08, 20 February 2015 (EST)