From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
This is a condor?
- It's... bigger? Not really that even, not to mention Pelicans always seem to feel like very different sizes across the games anyway. The cockpit section does look bulkier than Halo 4's, at least. Anyone know something about it that would make it a whole different vehicle? Alex T Snow (talk) 19:31, 10 November 2014 (EST)
- Yeah, it's a Pelican.262VigilantGuardian (talk) 19:36, 10 November 2014 (EST)
- You got me 343, when you said it was a Super Pelican, I didn't know you meant it was LITERALLY just an upscaled Pelican. Egg on my face!
- Seriously, this and the revelation of the Yonhet have cooled my interest in Nightfall a bit. I'm still curious, but...yeesh. -- Qura 'Morhek The Autocrat of Morheka 23:18, 10 November 2014 (EST)
- I go into detail about why I object to humanoid aliens in general [here]. Suffice to say, I think they're lazy.
- As for the Condor, I thought initially that it was at least twice the scale of the Pelican while retaining the same design, which seems silly to me. Maybe I'm wrong. It looks suspiciously like the D79, and carries the D81 but is meant to be a much older dropship class. On reflection, it may be significantly different enough to alleviate my concerns, especially in the wing and tail areas. I hope Snow's right, that it's okay. -- Qura 'Morhek The Autocrat of Morheka 05:27, 11 November 2014 (EST)
- Hopefully they don't go the Star Trek and rely too heavily on humanoid designs for newer alien species, but the Yonhet may not be so bad.
- That's the problem, it looks exactly like a D79 Pelican. Right down to the bubble-canopy style cockpit. And it's definitely not big enough in scale next to the nearby personnel to be anything "Double" or "Super" in any way. So yeah, I think 343 Industries is recycling yet another design just as they recycled the CAS-class for the Long Night of Solace and the CCS-class for the CRS-class, and the Shadow for a Covenant Tug, or the Halcyon-class for the Autumn-class. This is something I consider lazy, I hate seeing designs recycled into new types of ships which are different pretty much almost solely by name and classification, rather than offering new, unique designs for brand new ship types they introduce in the series. So yeah, this is something I wish 343 would stop doing.262VigilantGuardian (talk) 05:38, 11 November 2014 (EST)
- Honestly? You guys want change? You guys want better spot on quality? How about TOGETHER collectively discussing such issues on waypoint and bringing 343i's story attention. Collectively, maybe we can discuss issues on a forum here then make a thread there. I have my own issues, such as the weakness of canon weaponry, particularly UNSC, but doing this alone is Hardee. Erickyboo (talk) 07:30, 11 November 2014 (EST)
- Okay, we got new images implying a much larger passenger bay and four rear-light engines. Okay, that might make it a little more believable that this is not exactly another Pelican. But it could simply be the Troop Transport Pod that never made it into the earlier games. Or those engines could be a custom modification by Sedra, but who knows?262VigilantGuardian (talk) 13:43, 11 November 2014 (EST)
- Take another look at the current main picture here (or better yet watch this part and let it pan out a bit more), it doesn't just have the one pair of long rear landing "legs", it has two pair. The best angle is the rear view when it's first lifting off. Basically, the upper section of the Pelican is stretched and a second rear cargo section was added, landing legs and all. There's a good side view of it in the preview for Episode 2, which is also spoilery in a not-very-unexpected sort of way. However, from a production standpoint, looking at the hanger scene it appears they actually just built a Pelican, then CGIed the back end, which makes sense, because this way they can reuse said Pelican for future projects. Alex T Snow (talk) 14:44, 11 November 2014 (EST)
Think it might be worth splitting this into two pages? A "Condor" page and a page dedicated to the "D81-LRT Condor". Cause I am thinking the variants are more Condor variants than D81 variants.-CIA391 (talk) 17:30, 2 April 2018 (EDT)