News:Archive/7 February/Farewell to Halopedia News
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Farewell to Halopedia News
Story by CommanderTony
February 7th, 2010
It is with great reluctance that I inform you all that Halopedia News has officially been disbanded, as of February 7th, 2010. Due to a lack of notable interest from the community and even some of the news editors, it was obvious that nobody cared for this service anymore. I partially blame myself for it's downfall and I wish for nothing more than to comeback someday and revive this sect of Halopedia from the fate of the Do-Do Bird. During our year in existence, we've covered great events in the history of the Halo franchise; and through that, we saw that 2009 was undoubtedly the best year to be a Halo fan. As usual...i'll make this short!
Starting with our completely bullshit interview with "Joseph Staten", Halopedia News was destined (I lol'ed too) for greatness. Shortly after, I scored an interview with Fred Van Lente, the upcoming author of the Blood Line (then-Spartan Black) comic series. While this wasn't our first interaction with a "Halo celebrity", it was one of our most widely known ones, and also strengthened our new-found relationship with the current caretakers of the franchise, 343 Industries. Regardless of those two stories, it is of my opinion that the highlight of my career as the Chief Editor of Halopedia News was providing daily coverage of E3 2009 in Los Angeles. Over thirty links spread out during the week provided some of the juiciest details for the news crew and really showed our skills with the premiere of the first gameplay from Halo 3: ODST and the announcement of Halo: Reach.
See, I told you i'd make this farewell outstandingly short! In conclusion, i'd like to thank my two senior editors Spirit-of-HALO and Kougermasters, and anyone who contributed even a paragraph to Halopedia News. To replace HNS, myself and the Administration have decided to focus more on the news section and Twitter updates on the Main Page, in addition to important links in the Sitenotice at the top of the page.
Thank you, and I hope we can bring this back soon.
Sincerely and (final) Rawr,
CommanderTony February 7th, 2010
Please keep your comments civil, short (five-word minimum), to the point, and good. Thank you!
- Halopedia News, status: KIA. I more often than not found myself returning here to check up on news rather than scourge through the vast wastelands that is the interweb, so it is with great sadness that I see the death of this great feature. I sincerely wish for its glorious return when juicy Halo-News comes pouring down in greater volumes than rain in a monsoon. Halopedia News, may you rest in peace; you will be greatly missed. I would also like to send my thanks to anyone who have contributed to this great feature. |Warhead xTEAMx 00:03, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Sadface! It's all my fault! If I hadn't resigned, HNS would still be alive! :( However, there can't be a News Service if there isn't any news to tell. When Halo Reach is released, we'll have a lot more news, and by then I should be less burdened by school, and be able to take a more active role in the Halopedia community again. It is my wish to become re-involved with a resurrected HNS at such a time. Kougermasters (Talk) (Contribs) (Edits) 03:51, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
- What a shame. It had a good run at least, and I do hope that in future the news service may be resurrected. I just noticed, everything that gains large amounts of popularity on halopedia dies. First oracle newsletter, then the userblogs, then this. :/ B'L'ADEBANE [Anti-Vandal 07:14, February 8, 2010 (UTC)Blade bane
- It was fun for the while it lasted... - JEA13 iTalk 20:15, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Plays taps - ShadowBroker44 20:44, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I usually checked Halo news Network for updates on Halo Legends episodes.- 220.127.116.11
- To bad about it going out, I always used to check back here for news. Im sure once Halo Reach comes along we may have a good reason to bring it back up again but until then, this is it I guess. "Spartans never die", sign-mastacheefrules117
- Yeah, Reach will definitely revive the news section. There's alot to update.
- I expect Halopedia news to stay disbanded since we already have Halo Waypoint, but then again, Halo Reach may present some opportunites. Either way, I'd like to see how it goes. GySgt. Gonzalez -Comm Open- -Body Count- 23:33, February 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Dang, I really wish you had gone on. I really liked this wiki, and I liked coming here. Well, I guess this is KIA now just like everything else halopedia touches. A curse? I hope you or someone else revives this one day. I'll see you guys another time! --Kennboy1 01:01, February 10, 2010 (UTC)
- 1) Halopedia News are over, not the wiki. lol. 2) Thanks for the magnificent compliment on our efforts. - JEA13 iTalk 11:43, February 10, 2010 (UTC)
- It's a pity to see it go, I hope it returns soon, maybe during the upcoming Reach news. Well, at least my interview was the last story :) - Halo-343 (Talk) (Contribs) (Edits) 19:31, February 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Sucks to see this go, peace Halopedia News... Tyrone The mastermind would like to speak!
- With the disbandment of the Oracle and Halopedia News, it must mean that "the press" somehow doesn't work on Halopedia for some reason. Now with the sitenotices, I'm guessing that news can be passed out faster and made easier to spot. Anyway, it's a shame. --Blemo TALK • CONTRIBUTIONS • EMAIL • CALENDER • MESSAGE
- Imagine, years from now, some new admin and the "Uber Wizeman" admin CommanderTony (It's the future, he has to have a strangly awesome title!) decide to resurrect Halopedia News. [Insert epic music here] It's possible! And I'm not leaving out anybody else! - Scot 113 13:01, February 19, 2010 (UTC)