Archive:Halo Nation/Request for Adminship/Vidmas7er
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Request for Adminship: Vidmas7er
- Talk page
- Email user
- Edit count
Vidmas7er is a long time community member who as been integral to the community ethos and a skilled editor who has helped to front projects such as re-categorization. He's mature, knowledgeable about the wiki, and most of all cares for Halo Nation and it's community. These are all qualities our users should strive for, and qualities which make for great admins. Therefore, I hereby nominate Vidmas7er for position as Administrator (SYSOP) on Halo Nation - T3CHNOCIDE 19:18, July 18, 2013 (UTC)
Nominee, please accept or defer the above nomination below this line.
I happily accept this nomination. Vidmas7er 20:25, July 18, 2013 (UTC)
Reason for Nomination
Vidmas7er is an extremely active member of the wiki who has accumulated almost 3000 edits and is highly knowledgeable about editing and wiki mechanics. He abides by normal wiki etiquette and is joy to be around and easy to talk too. He is also an active moderator of our chat and has shown himself as an active enforcer of policy without bias and with a good moral compass. He has proved himself to be a great administrator candidate, and therefore I think it's time he should be officially recognised as one. Good luck!
- Support — As per my nomination T3CHNOCIDE 19:18, July 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Support - Would be a good benefit to the wiki for him to have these tools. H4M 20:05, July 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Support - He would be a good addition to the Admin team. Also he is my Pikachu KnightmareS-C075 20:07, July 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Support - He seems to be the perfect candidate! Wilc0
- Support- About time, Vidmas7er knows his way around the wiki and he is a cool dude -- SheerAvenger777 00:11, July 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Support - >insert comment< DBD Abyss 00:38, July 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Support - Vidmas7er has shown maturity during incidents on the Wiki, and has a good amount of experience. Sgt D Grif 00:44, July 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Support - Vidachu, I choose you!--Spartacus0898 01:25, July 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Support - Excellent candidate for addition to the Administrative team, I support this motion one-hundred percent. Good going, Viddy! -Leo Fox 11:41, July 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Support - Vidchu come back to your ball! - Evo 20:32, July 18th, 2013 (EST)
- Support – Karl approves of this. Karl 01:05, July 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Support - A decent candidate, I suppose. Ultra Force
Nominee, if you accept the nomination, please answer the following questions. It is advised that voters check the nominee's responses before voting.
1. When did you join Halo Nation?
I joined 30 December 2011, even though I registered this account about half a year earlier and lurked this place before it was even named Halo Nation. (was too lazy and confused to do anything :3)
2. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to Halo Nation?
My long time moderating the chat is probably the most notable things I've done here.
3. What do you believe are your most valued technical contributions to Halo Nation?
My work cleaning up the categories (not yet completely, but this'll definitely help me with that :D) and my help ridding this place of vandals/trolls.
4. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to the community?
I'm very helpful and welcoming to new users of the wiki, and my early work in the chat definitely helped shaped it to what it is today.
5. If you are administrated, what changes do you propose?
Reworking of the categories, and possibly a couple of changes to the policies.
6. To the best of your understanding, what does administratorship entail?
I believe that admin rights are more tools to help my duty as an active editor.
7. To the best of your understanding, when will you be able to check Halo Nation after you are administrated, in the event that you are?
Almost every day, unless in the event I am unavailable, which isn't too often.
8. What communities are you associated with online, Halo and otherwise?
Even though Halo Nation is the main website I'm on, I'm a trusted user on the Battlefield Wiki and I stroll around many other Wikia chats. I'm also a part of a couple gaming groups and a
professional forum lurker.
9. What is your familiarity with the Halo universe?
I own every Halo game to date and have read some of the books and comics.
10. What is your familiarity with Wikia and Halo Nation policies?
As an active editor and chat moderator, I have read the policies multiple times and am very familiar with most, if not all, of them.
11. What is your relationship with the Halo Nation community and current administration?
I'm very good friends with most of the community and the administration.
12. How may users contact you?
Through either my talk page or through the chat. Though if for some reason you can't access any of these, my email is also an option.