Archive:Halo Nation/Request for Adminship/Haloprov
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Request for Adminship: Haloprov
- Talk page
- Email user
- Edit count
I nominate Haloprov as a candidate for our next administrator of Halo Nation T3CHNOCIDE 00:08, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
Nominee, please accept or defer the above nomination below this line.
I accept the nomination. Haloprov 00:41, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
Reason for Nomination
Haloprov has become an invaluable asset to the wiki, and a great aid to the admin group. He frequently visits the chat and admin talk pages to highlight vandalism and spam pages for reversion and deletion. As an admin this will heavily reduce response time to vandalism and spam, and allow him fully autonomy as an individual admin.
Support - As per nomination T3CHNOCIDE 00:08, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
Support - Was planning on nominating him myself, never got to it. ;~; But yeah, he comes to me often with useless and against-policy pages, which means he's watching the recent changes very often. As much as we don't really need anymore admins, he would be an amazing and helpful addition to the team. Good luck, Haloprov! USER Vidmas7er viddyface.pngUSER Vidmas7er viddytext.png talk 00:55, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
Support - Haloprov is a really active user and is very aware of vandalism and spam. I also believe that he's capable of smart decisionmaking. He has many of the aspects that I look for in an Admin. odOM1JD.jpgSpirit of FireTalk • Contributions
Support Haloprov will do a fine job. Of that, I'm sure. USER TheHackingDog Sig.png TheHackingDog Talk - Contribs 01:09, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
Support Per All. He's a pretty dandy guy as well. I'm forever blowing bubbles pretty bubbles in the air ffPuLjW.png
Support - I nominated him myself about a month ago. User:343 TheGuiltyProphet/Sig 01:12, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
Support - Haloprov will be a great addtion to the team, he's always keeping an eye out for vandalism and stolen information, Good luck man. Knightmare · [Talk] 01:14, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
Support - I can't think of anything more to add Bravado Talk 13:58, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
Support - An excellent choice. Good luck!--Spartacus [ Talk • Email ] 18:03, February 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Neutral - Although I think Haloprov is one of the best out there, I am not sure if more admins are needed at this point. Wilc0
Nominee, if you accept the nomination, please answer the following questions. It is advised that voters check the nominee's responses before voting.
1. When did you join Halo Nation?
- I joined on February 7, 2013.
2. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to Halo Nation?
- I believe my most valued contribution would be uploading photos, anti-vandalism, and gallery fixes.
3. What do you believe are your most valued technical contributions to Halo Nation?
- I notify admins on chat or Skype when there's a vandal or spammers. And as a rollbacker, I revert any vandalism as well.
4. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to the community?
- Trying to make the page look more organized like with the Armor Abilities page. The photos were mostly outdated and stuff was kind of everywhere. I also try to update templates and add souses to unmarked location. My most notable would probably adding pictures to either higher resolution or at least transparent. Reverting vandal is also another.
5. If you are administrated, what changes do you propose?
- I would try to work with the Merge pages because there is a roughly 19 pages that haves this category and I've have run into a couple. Most notably Unknown Helmet and GRD Helmet. One haves more information then the other while the other seemed to be getting updated even though there is a callsign on GRD. It seems more appropriate to mane it there and redirect the Unknown helemet. I would also try tho be on top of my game when it comes to duplicates and spam.
6. To the best of your understanding, what does administratorship entail?
- I believe that Administratorship involves to overseeing anything that is present. Both community and edit wise. And to maintain and keep an fairly fluid, user friendly wiki.
7. To the best of your understanding, when will you be able to check Halo Nation after you are administrated, in the event that you are?
- I would probably have it how I have it know. Usually I have my laptop everywhere I go and Halo Nations is pinned on top of my Google Chrome. hardly leaving my sight for every edit. I am also trying going to chat more often and see how that goes.
8. What communities are you associated with online, Halo and otherwise?
- My most notable wikia that I've help is probably the RWBY Wikia, where I would add Symbols to the characters and then-add the Silhouettes. And no I'm not otakus for RWBY.
9. What is your familiarity with the Halo universe?
- Halo has been my life in a sense. I have all the games and some of the books. I've been through alot with Halo where it would be hard to imagine a life without it.
10. What is your familiarity with Wikia and Halo Nation policies?
- I'm very familiar with Wiki and Halo Nations policies. I might have some policies that might not be rememberable.
11. What is your relationship with the Halo Nation community and current administration?
I don't know how the others think of me. I do have some of the Admins as friends on Skype and even though I don't chat regularly with them, I do notify them when there's a vandal or edit-war that needed to be stopped. I like to help anyone I can, to my best of knowledge.
12. How may users contact you?
Talk page or chat. Email would be more of an "Last Resort" method to contact me. Skype is also accounted for.