Archive:Halo Nation/Policies/Wiki Moderator
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Wiki Moderator is the most powerful non-Administrator rank on Halo Nation. It is available to frequent editors of the wiki, provided they meet the requirements. Halo Nation Wiki Moderators are entrusted with a wide range of tools on Halo Nation, which should be used solely to improve and prevent damage to the wiki.
As with all ranks on Halo Nation, the ideal Wiki Moderator is simply an average user who has a few additional tools at their disposal. Wiki Moderators should be friendly and welcoming to all users of Halo Nation and should only use their powers for the betterment of the site. If you suspect a Wiki Moderator has abused their power, please report it to a member of the Administration.
In addition to the rights granted by Wiki Patroller, Image Controller and Forum Monitor, Wiki Moderators have the following capabilities:
- Delete recently-created pages, to remove spam and vandalism.
- Temporarily block users from editing the wiki for a maximum of a day, to prevent vandalism.
- Highlight forum threads for all those who visit Halo Nation to see.
- Delete entire forum threads, rather than just individual comments on them.
For a complete list of Wiki Moderator rights, see the user group rights page.
To qualify for a nomination for the Wiki Moderator rank on Halo Nation, a user must meet the following requirements. Users who are nominated but do not meet these requirements will be rejected outright, without going to a vote.
- A registered account on Halo Nation that is at least four months old.
- Made at least 900 total edits to Halo Nation, including a minimum of 600 mainspace edits.
- Been active for a minimum of four months in the lead-up to the nomination. "Active" in this case is defined as having made a minimum of one edit per month during that time.
- Already have attained one of the following ranks: Wiki Patroller, Image Controller or Forum Monitor. This is to demonstrate that they can handle power responsibly and competently.
- Not had an unsuccessful rank nomination in the past three months. This excludes nominations which the user rejected.
- No blocks or warnings for a year prior to the nomination. Those who have incurred such punishments in recent memory are unlikely to be good candidates for a Wiki Moderator position.
- A detailed knowledge of Halo Nation and its operation, both with respect to its policies and its community.
- Demonstrate good security practices, because a compromised account with Wiki Moderator privileges could deal considerable damage to the wiki. Previous security problems that were out of the user's control (such as if FANDOM itself were to be hacked) will not count against them.
The application process for the Wiki Moderator rank is the same as that for all other ranks. It is explained in detail on the Rank Structure page, here. The one difference between applying for most ranks and applying for Wiki Moderator is that, whereas it is only a suggestion for most ranks, nominees for the rank are required to answer the set of seven questions laid out on the Rank Structure page.
List of Wiki Moderators
There are currently no Wiki Moderators.
There have been no past Wiki Moderators.
There are currently no open applications for Wiki Moderator.