Terminal (Halo 2: Anniversary)/Thirteen
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|“||The revolution must be broadcast.||”|
Open up on 343 Guilty Spark and Sesa 'Refumee, who is carrying a purple box.
- Sesa 'Refumee: "The only one I would trust with this information is probably dead right now. He was Commander of the fleet that brought me to this system."
He puts down the box and opens it, releasing a pair of holo-drones from inside.
Cut to the Fleet of Particular Justice surrounding Alpha Halo.
- Sesa 'Refumee: (voiceover) "Thel 'Vadamee was his name. But after hearing you tell me of the destruction of the ring, I cannot believe that he still lives."
Cut to Thel 'Vadamee on the bridge of his flagship speaking to a Hierarch via hologram.
- Sesa 'Refumee: (voiceover) "His orders were to secure the ring. To prepare it for the arrival of the Hierarchs. 'Vadamee never fails in his duties."
Back outside, the Pillar of Autumn emerges from slipspace.
- Sesa 'Refumee: (voiceover) "If the ring is no more, then 'Vadamee must be dead."
- 343 Guilty Spark: (voiceover) "Duty can indeed be a dangerous virtue."
Cut to a side-view of Guilty Spark.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "But even if he did live, wouldn't this sense of duty make him quite unlikely to set aside his allegiance to the Prophets?"
Side-view of 'Refumee.
- Sesa 'Refumee: "Perhaps not... And he would never betray our people."
Cut to the shattered remains of Alpha Halo. 'Vadamee's flagship is leaving the system.
- Sesa 'Refumee: (voiceover) "No... if I - if we were able to just speak to him. Explain everything you have told me..."
'Vadamee's ship exits slipspace and approaches High Charity.
- Sesa 'Refumee: (voiceover) "...But no. These are futile hopes. If he did live, and if he was returned to the High Prophets, they would most certainly punish him for the destruction of the ring."
A Phantom approaches High Charity's docking bay.
- Sesa 'Refumee: (voiceover) "In fact, he would be the exact kind of leader the Hierarchs would make Arbiter."
Cut to 'Vadamee inside the Phantom as it lands.
- Sesa 'Refumee: (voiceover) "They would need someone to blame for the loss of the ring."
Overhead shot of the Phantom docking at High Charity.
- Sesa 'Refumee: (voiceover) "His influence within the fleet grew with every one of his victories over the humans."
- 343 Guilty Spark: (voiceover) "And if he did become Arbiter?"
Cut to the Prophet of Regret and the Prophet of Mercy observing 'Vadamee's Phantom through a holographic terminal.
- Sesa 'Refumee: (voiceover) "Then he would be lost to our cause. Without the knowledge you've shared with me, he would obey the Prophets without question."
Cut to 'Refumee looking at a holographic image of 'Vadamee.
- Sesa 'Refumee: "I doubt he would even respond to his former name. I don't know what it would take to overcome... but as you say, we don't have time to ask such questions. And 'Vadamee is almost certainly dead."
Fade to 343 Guilty Spark and 'Refumee staring out a window of the Gas Mine. Camera slowly pulls back.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "If all your hopes rest on him, then I fear for the future of this galaxy."
Scene rapidly pulls back from the window, revealing the entire Gas Mine.
- Sesa 'Refumee: "As do I, Oracle. As do I."
Camera zooms further away from the Gas Mine and pans up.
- Sesa 'Refumee: (voiceover) "But I will begin our fight. Make others aware of the lies the Prophets whisper in our ears. And soon we will find more who will take up our cause."
Scene clears the clouds and rests on a shot of the shattered, burning remains of Alpha Halo orbiting Threshold.
Fade to black.