From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Here are some of my favorite quotes from various places.
Favorite All-Time Quotes
- "Maybe that’s why monsters fade,” I said. “Maybe it’s not about what the mortals believe. Maybe it’s because you give up on yourself."
- — Battle of the Labyrinth, Percy Jackson Book 4
- "Die? Didn't you know? Spartans never die."
- — —Kurt's final words, to Voro Nar 'Mantakree as he detonates two FENRIS Nuclear Warheads and destroys Onyx (Halo:The Ghosts of Onyx)
- "Isolate that signal! Master Chief? You mind telling me what you're doing on that ship?"
- — Hood
- "Sir, finishing this fight."
- — —Spartan-117 a.k.a. Master Chief
- "But we can trust him, Roger, I swear," she [Lyra] said with a final effort,
"because he's Will."
- — quote
—The Amber Spyglass
Favorite Harry Potter Quotes
- "I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me."
- "He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though...keep up with news...check if I'm happy..."
- "Brilliant! It's Potions last thing on Friday! Snape won't have the time to poison us all!"
- "Yeah, Quirrell was a great teacher. There was just that minor drawback of him having Lord Voldemort sticking out of the back of his head!"
- "Well, I had one that I was playing Quidditch the other night," said Ron, screwing up his face in an effort to remember.
"What do you think that means?"
"Probably that you're going to be eaten by a giant marshmallow or something," said Harry, turning the pages of The Dream Oracle without interest.
- "How long have you been 'Big D' then?" said Harry.
"Shut it," snarled Dudley, turning away again.
"Cool name," said Harry, grinning, "but you'll always be Ickle Diddykins to me."
"Shut your face."
"You don't tell her Aunt Petunia to shut her face. What about 'popkin' and 'Dinky Diddydums,' can I use them then?"
- "You can't give a Dementor the old one-two!"
- "Why were you lurking under our window?"
"Yes -- yes, good point, Petunia! What were you doing under our windows, boy?"
"Listening to the news," said Harry in a resigned voice.
His aunt and uncle exchanged looks of outrage. "Listening to the news! Again?"
"Well, it changes every day, you see," said Harry.
- "Proud?" said Harry. "Are you crazy? All those times I could've died, and I didn't manage it? They'll be furious..."
- "Dumbledore's man through and through," said Harry. "That's right."
- "Well, think back," said Harry. "Have you ever let it slip that you'd like to go out in public with the words 'My Sweetheart' round your neck?"
- "They don't know know we're not allowed to use magic at home. I'm going to have a lot of fun with Dudley this summer..."
- "This is night, Diddykins. That's what we call it when it goes all dark like this."
Favorite Ron Weasley Quotes
- Prefects Who Gained Power: "A Study of Hogwarts Prefects and Their Later Careers... That sounds fascinating..."
- "I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret..."
- "Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow,
Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow."
- Speaking quietly so that no one else would hear, Harry told the other two about Snape's sudden, sinister desire to be a Quidditch referee.
"Don't play," said Hermione at once.
"Say you're ill," said Ron.
"Pretend to break your leg," Hermione suggested.
"Really break your leg," said Ron.
- "But why's she got to go to the library?"
"Because that's what Hermione does. When in doubt, go to the library."
- "Can I have a look at Uranus, too, Lavender?"
- Hermione frowned at Ron.
"He's not a nutter, Ron--"
"His life's ambition is to have his head cut off and stuck up on a plaque just like his mother," said Ron irritably. "Is that normal, Hermione?"
- "Ron, we're supposed to show the first-years where to go!"
"Oh, yeah," said Ron, who had obviously forgotten. "Hey-hey you lot! Midgets!"
"Well, they are, they're twitchy..."
- "The hats have gone," Hermione said happily. "Seems the house-elves do want freedom after all."
"I wouldn't bet on it," Ron told her cuttingly. "They might not count as clothes. They didn't look anything like hats to me, more like woolly bladders."
- "I've got two Neptunes here," said Harry after a while, frowning down on his parchment, "that can't be right, can it?"
"Aaaah," said Ron, imitating Professor Trelawney's mystical whisper, "when two Neptunes appear in the sky, it is a sure sign that a midget in glasses is being born, Harry..."
- "...from now on, I don't care if my tea leaves spell 'die, Ron, die,' I'm chucking them in the bin where they belong."
- "And no wonder we couldn't find Flamel in that Study of Recent Developments in Wizardry," said Ron. "He's not exactly recent if he's six-hundred and sixty-five, is he?"
- "I'll make Goyle do lines, he hates writing," said Ron happily. He lowered his voice to Goyle's low grunt, mimed writing in midair. "I...must...not...look...like...a...baboon's...backside."
- "It's obvious," said Ron. "You can pretend to be waiting Professor Flitwick, you know." He put on a high voice, "'Oh, Professor Flitwick, I'm so worried, I think I got question fourteen b wrong...'"
- "Lockhart'll sign anything if it stands still long enough."
- "You need your inner eye tested if you ask me."
- "I tell you, that dragon is the most horrible creature I've ever met, but the way Hagrid goes about it you'd think it was a fluffy little bunny rabbit. When it bit me, he told me off for frightening it. And when I left he was singing it a lullaby."
- "Could've been anything," said Ron. "Maybe he Tom Riddle got thirty O.W.L.s or saved a teacher from the giant squid. Maybe he murdered Myrtle; that would've done everyone a favor..."
- "It would've been so easy to push Malfoy off a glacier and make it look like an accident.."
- "Er--is this the new stand on elf rights?" said Ron. "You're going to make yourself puke instead?"
- "I don't need help," Ron whispered. "It's obvious what this means. There's going to be loads of fog tonight."
- "When we come face-to-face with one down a dark alley, we're going to be having a shufti to see if it's solid, aren't we, we're not going to be asking, 'Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?"
- "You should write a book translating the mad things girls do so boys can understand them."
- “And what in the name of Merlin’s most baggy Y Fronts was that about?"
- "Well, I don't know how to break this to you, but I think they might have noticed we broke into Gringotts."
- "Blimey, Neville, there's a time for getting a smart mouth."
Favorite Halo Quotes
- "They let me pick...did I ever tell you that? Choose whichever Spartan I wanted. You know me. I did my research. Watched as you became the soldier we needed you to be. Like the others you were strong and swift and brave, a natural leader. But you had something they didn't. Something no one saw but me. Can you guess? Luck."—Cortana to John 117
- "Don't make a girl a promise,if you know you can't keep it."—Cortana to John-117 in Halo 2
- "Cortana... what exactly am I looking at?"—Miranda Keyes
"That... is another Halo."—Cortana
- "Halo. It's so new... unfinished. I'm not exactly sure what will happen when we fire it..."—Cortana to the John-117, evaluating their plan to activate Halo
"We'll head for the Portal. And we'll all go home"—John-117 to Cortana
- "We are the arm of the Prophets Arbiter, and you are the blade."—Rtas 'Vadumee to The Arbiter during an anti Heretic battle
- "Tartarus, the Prophets have betrayed us."—The Arbiter
- "Were it so easy."—The Arbiter
- "Hard to believe he's dead."—Fleet Admiral Terrence Hood
"Were it so easy..."—The Arbiter
- "I will have my revenge, on a Prophet, not a plague!" —Arbiter
- "Hell, Chief, it’ll take more than that pack of walking alien horror-show freaks to take out Sergeant A. J. Johnson." —Avery J. Johnson
- "I'm not sure what that thing is. Don't look like any 'uneven elephant' to me—more like two squids kissing." —Avery J. Johnson
- "Please... don't shake the light bulb!" —Avery J. Johnson
- "Crazy fool. Why do you always jump? One of these days, you're gonna land on somethin' as stubborn as you are! And I don't do bits and pieces..." —Avery J. Johnson
- "Shall I help you choose a vehicle, Reclaimer? This one seems in very good condition, about the standard. Primitive armour not withstanding." —343 Guilty Spark
"A tank's a tank, light bulb." —Avery J. Johnson
- "Don't let her go, Chief...Don't..Ever...let her go. Send me out... with a bang..." —Avery J. Johnson's last words, spoken to John-117
- "I would have been your daddy, but that dog beat me over the fence!" —Avery J. Johnson
- "There is much talk, and I have listened, through rock and metal and time. Now I shall talk, and you shall listen." —Gravemind
- "Do not shoot, but listen. Let us lead you safely to our foe. Only you can halt what he has set in motion." —Said through two Pure Forms on The Covenant (referring to the activation of the rings.)
- "Spartans never die... if only that were true..." —Catherine Halsey
Past Quotes of the Week
- There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through... There needs to be a monster truck option. - Jeph Jacques - August 23, 2009
- Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome. - Isaac Asimov - August 16, 2009
- It's all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation. - Rob Gilbert - August 9, 2009
- Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river. - Nikita Khrushchev - August 2, 2009
- California is a fine place to live--if you happen to be an orange. - Fred Allen - July 26, 2009
- You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom. - Malcolm X - July 19, 2009
- A true friend is the greatest of all blessings, and that which we take the least care of all to acquire. - Francois de La Rochefoucauld - July 12, 2009