Terminal (Halo 2: Anniversary)/Five
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Monitor Report: Containment
Campaign level: The Oracle
The terminal is a Forerunner terminal in the large room after exiting the large lift, behind the wall opposite to the exit door.
|“||343 Guilty Spark communicates his puzzlement.||”|
Fade in to an extreme close-up of 343 Guilty Spark's face.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "Your actions do not make sense. Proper protocol for a Flood outbreak is to establish immediate infection reporting! Communications must be maintained with all local forces in order to track any spread of the parasite."
- Sesa 'Refumee: "There are no local forces, Oracle. Now, all you have is me."
- 343 Guilty Spark: "But I tracked multiple ships in orbit, including some remaining human presence! In light of the danger posed by the Flood, surely you can set aside this disagreement with the humans and–"
'Refumee and Guilty Spark begin walking through the facility as they talk.
- 'Refumee: "No! Anything still alive in orbit is our enemy. The humans have very good cause to kill us on sight, and the knowledge you share with me casts doubt on the entire purpose of our Covenant. If any of our ships remain above us, they are not the help you seek."
- 343 Guilty Spark: "But why would they not provide assistance? Because of this talk of 'Prophecies' and 'Journeys?'"
Fade to a holographic representation of the Truth and Reconciliation.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "I learned a small amount about your Covenant before that Reclaimer blew up my installation.
The scene shows John-117 firing a rocket launcher at the engines of the UNSC Pillar of Autumn, and a recollection of Spark's time talking at the Truth and Reconciliation's AI.
- 343 Guilty Spark: "But my understanding is incomplete. The AI I encountered aboard one of your ships was less than forthcoming."
- 'Refumee: "What you need to know, Oracle, is that thousands of years ago, at the founding of our great Covenant, a bargain was struck between the Prophets and the Elites. A bargain which I fear will be the end of us."
Fade to black.