From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|This article does not meet the wiki's general standards and/or standards on layouts. You can help by cleaning this article.|
The casualty classification is a way to determine the status of military personnel. I.E. dead, or missing in action.
List of classifications
- KIA - Killed In Action. This term is used when a military combatant is killed during battle, or deaths resulting from a war.
- MIA - Missing In Action. This term is used when the status of a military combatant is unknown, whether they're dead, wounded, or simply lost.
- POW - Prisoner Of War. This term is used for anybody, including soldiers who are captured as part of a war. A medal is awarded to any military combatant who is captured for any length of time and has either escaped or was rescued.
- WIA - Wounded In Action. This term is used when a military combatant is severely injured in battle, rendering them either temporarily or permanently unable to continue active duty.
- VSI-Very seriously injured or ill.
Due to the need to increase morale in the UNSC, SPARTAN-II and SPARTAN-III supersoldiers are never listed as 'Killed In Action', but rather as 'Missing In Action' or 'Wounded in Action' to give the appearance that they are invincible.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Combat Evolved
- Halo: The Flood
- Halo: First Strike
- Halo 2
- Halo Graphic Novel
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
- Halo: Contact Harvest
- Halo: Uprising
- Halo 3
- Halo 3: ODST (Mentioned only)
- Halo Wars
- Halo: Reach
- Halo: Glasslands
- Halo: The Thursday War
- Halo 4
- Halo: Escalation
- Halo: Mortal Dictata