Date of birth:
7' 4" (2.238 meters)
302 lbs (136.9 kilograms)
|Political and military information|
Douglas-042 was abducted and conscripted into the SPARTAN-II program by Dr. Catherine Halsey in 2517 when he was six years old. He was then taken to the human colony world of Reach and trained by the AI Déjà and Chief Petty Officer Franklin Mendez along with the rest of the SPARTAN children. In 2525, he and the other candidates underwent a series of augmentations to improve their strength. Douglas was among the ones who survived and were not crippled or killed by the procedure.
 Battle of Arcadia
- Main article: Battle of Arcadia
Douglas was a member of Red Team during the Battle of Arcadia in February 2531 and was tasked with delaying the Covenant forces long enough to evacuate the civilians of Arcadia. Afterward, he and the rest of Red Team linked up with forces from the UNSC Spirit of Fire and assisted in a counter-attack on a Covenant outpost. Once the plan to infiltrate a large Covenant energy shield dome was passed down from Captain James Cutter of the Spirit of Fire, he and Red Team remained with the crew to assist with the assignment. They prevented the destruction of several prototype M-145D "Rhino" artillery tanks while they ensured that the shield was destroyed. After Sergeant John Forge's forces triumphed over a Scarab assault platform, the SPARTANs searched for Covenant survivors in the jungles on a Warthog. Upon hearing that Professor Ellen Anders had been abducted by Arbiter Ripa 'Moramee, they went to the Spirit of Fire, which soon jumped into slipspace in pursuit of the Covenant vessel carrying Anders. During the pursuit, Douglas fought Sergeant Forge over the former's recommendation to destroy the Covenant vessel carrying Professor Anders; the fight resulted in a broken chair and a broken bulkhead. However, the two always ate lunch in the mess hall together afterward.
 Shield World
- Main article: Battle of Shield 0459
Later, upon arriving at a Forerunner Shield World, Douglas assisted the Spirit of Fire's crew in neutralizing Covenant and Flood forces. Later, Red Team assisted Marine forces in destroying a Proto-Gravemind. Some time later, he and Red Team became stranded on the planet. With the Spirit of Fire being dragged down inside the megastructure, Red Team was assisted by Forge and his forces and successfully withdrew to the ship. Red Team then assisted the crew in scouring the Flood forces from the hull of the Spirit of Fire. Later, after the Spirit of Fire collided with a Covenant CPV-class heavy destroyer, Red Team successfully repelled Covenant boarders while the crew repaired the vessel's drive core.
Once Anders was rescued, Douglas assisted Red Team in capturing a Covenant Scarab and used it to help Forge secure a beachhead. The SPARTANs were then tasked with escorting the Spirit of Fire's slipspace drive to a teleporter that was linked to the Apex site. On the Apex command center, he and the Red Team engaged numerous Sangheili while Forge dueled the Arbiter. Douglas, with the Spirit of Fire's crew, was then charged with opening the gate which allowed the Spirit of Fire to exit the Shield World.
It it assumed that Douglas, along with the rest of the crew, entered cryo sleep after the Spirit of Fire escaped the destruction of the Shield World.
- Douglas' name and tag are clear homages to the book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and its creator, Douglas Adams. In the book, the number 42 is stated to be "the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything".
- Douglas bears a Jolly Roger emblem on his right shoulder and has black outlines on his helmet. Like Jerome-092 and Alice-130, Douglas has the Legendary symbol on his armor's bicep.
- During gameplay, Douglas wields a rocket launcher that features four barrels, unlike the standard-issue M41 model. Although it has four barrels, Douglas sometimes reloads after every shot, while at other times he fires all four rockets before reloading.
- Douglas is seemingly left-handed.
 List of appearances
- Halo Wars (First appearance)
- ^ a b c d e f Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 153
- ^ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 99
- ^ Halo Wars
- ^ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page ???
- ^ Halo Wars, level Arcadia City
- ^ Halo Wars, level Arcadia Outskirts
- ^ Halo Wars, level Dome of Light
- ^ Halo Wars, level Scarab
- ^ a b Halo Wars, level Anders' Signal
- ^ Halo Wars Timeline
- ^ Halo Wars, level The Flood
- ^ Halo Wars, level Shield World
- ^ Halo Wars, level Cleansing
- ^ Halo Wars, level Repairs
- ^ Halo Wars, level Beachhead
- ^ Halo Wars, level Reactor
- ^ Halo Wars, level Escape