Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack
The Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack was a downloadable content collection, but not technically an expansion pack, to Halo 2. The 20 USD downloadable content collection set was released on July 5, 2005. It is the solution for the downloadable maps and Auto-Updates for non-Xbox Live subscribers (however, this disc was released before the release of Desolation, Tombstone, and Auto-Updates 4 and 5 and therefore does not include them). It contained nine additional multiplayer maps, three Auto-Updates and five videos. This disc was for use on the original Xbox console, but is now backwards compatible with the Xbox 360. It also came with a manual that went into detail about the maps included.
Halo 2 in-game content and Maps:
- Xbox live Auto-Update 1, Auto-Update 2 and Auto-Update 3
- Multiplayer maps:
- Another Day at the Beach - A three minute Halo 2 side-story cutscene about a squad of marines stranded near Old Mombasa.
- Halo 2: Killtacular - A documentary showing how Bungie Studios made the nine maps included on this disc.
- Halo: Combat Evolved E3 2000 trailer
- Halo 2 August 2002 announcement trailer.
- A comical audio test video used for testing surround sound set-up (This was also included in Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition). An updated version is included in the Halo: Essentials included in Halo 3 Legendary Edition.
No map pack was released for Halo 2 Vista because the game already included all the maps except for two which were replaced by two other exclusive maps.