Bikon Government, representing the CAA
Biko was a human colony world located among the Outer Colonies. It was home to the major population center Durban. It was one of the first planets to be glassed by the Covenant, in 2525 or 2526.
After the battle over the planet, the debris field was pushed over the northern pole by the Covenant to allow their ships to glass the planet unobstructed. After the Human-Covenant War, the fetcher Oliver Birch visited the debris field over Biko, retrieving a "saddle box" from the UNSC Dresden, one of the cruisers that had partaken in the battle years prior.
- The colony may have been named after Steve Biko, a twentieth-century South African civil rights activist.
- While the colony's system is unknown, it is located roughly 24 light years from the Cygnus system.
List of appearances
- Halo: First Strike
- i love bees (First appearance)
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Reach
- Data pads (Mentioned only)
- ^ i love bees, Queen's Diary Entry
- ^ Halo: Reach, Data pad 10
- ^ a b Halo: First Strike (2010), Tug o' War
- ^ Bungie.net: Carter-259's profile
- ^ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 70