"Pelican" is the name applied to a series of dropships operated by the UNSC Marine Corps, the UNSC Navy, and the civilian security forces. Beginning service before 2501, most Pelicans are equipped with 70mm chain guns and rockets in their wings. Their payload capacities include a Warthog, Scorpion tank, troop deployment pod or Resupply canisters attached to their tails.
Known models include the following:
- D77-TC Pelican - The UNSC's standard dropship variant operated prior to and during most of 2552.
- D79-TC Pelican - The UNSC's standard dropship as of 2557, replacing the D77-TC and D77H-TCI models.
- This is a disambiguation page — a navigational aid which lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.
- ^ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe - The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole, page 450
- ^ August, 2008, Halo Story Page. Frank O'Connor/Robert McLees interview. Accessed on 2008-04-12