"Pelican" is the name applied to a series of dropships operated by the UNSC Marine Corps, the UNSC Navy, and the civilian security forces. Beginning service before 2501, most Pelicans are equipped with 70mm chain guns and rockets in their wings. Their payload capacities include a M12 Warthog, M808B Scorpion tank, troop deployment pod or resupply canisters attached to their tail booms.
Known models include the following:
- D77-TC Pelican - The UNSC's standard dropship variant operated during the Insurrection and the Human-Covenant War
- D78-TC Pelican - A less common model; likely intermediate between the D77 and D79 in production if not in service
- D79-TC Pelican - The UNSC's standard dropship as of 2557, replacing the D77 and D78 models
- G79H-TC Pelican - The dedicated gunship variant of the D79 Pelican
- This is a disambiguation page — a navigational aid which lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.