Ship and station defense
- 1 GEN1 information
- 2 GEN2 information
- 3 In-game information
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 List of appearances
- 7 Sources
The Security variant was first manufactured in the Misriah Armory facility on Mars in 2528. After Mark V was released, this armor was adapted to its use. Like most MJOLNIR variants, the later model of the Security helmet had been upgraded to be compatible with all MJOLNIR Mark VI variants.
After the first wave of GEN2 systems, based on requests of veteran Spartan-II and Spartan-III operatives, the UNSC Ordnance Commission considered reassessing a refined and upgraded version of the EVA-class Mjolnir suit. This led to the creation of the WRATH-class Mjolnir where its right shoulder pad is based off the Mark V Security shoulders..
The GEN2 variant's helmet has two watchdog AIs hover at the edges of the SECURITY VISR interface, alert for cyberintrusion attempts and sensor anomalies that could indicate subversion of connected surveillance networks. The armor also seamlessly integrates with Navy networks and security constructs.
Unlock: Get a total of approximately 1000 gamerscore in Halo 3.
- Helmet Description: The Mjolnir(m) variant was manufactured at the Misrah Armories Facility on Mars in 2528. It has been upgraded and modified to be compatible with all current-issue armor variants.
The helmet's most noticeable feature is the larger, more prominent "figure-eight" shaped visor which looks almost bug-eyed. It bears resemblance to that of a modern day fighter jet pilot helmet. This helmet is inspired by the protagonist of Marathon, although the mouth is covered. The helmet is large with a small raised section on the forehead in the form of the Marathon logo. Wearing the helmet will also add a small antenna and dial to the right shoulder.
The prominent bug-eyed shape has been toned up, and the helmet looks bigger overall.
Unlock: Officially, the Security shoulders unlock when the player has attained at least 750 Gamerscore points from Halo 3. However, the shoulders are renowned and well-known bugged items.
- Shoulders Description: The Mjolnir Mark V(m) Powered Assault Armor was originally manufactured in 2528 and recently upgraded to be compatible with all current-issue armor variants.
The shoulder pieces are quite largely rounded, with a section with an upper center, trapezium-shaped arm guard going out the bottom and a rounded section above that. It should be noted that this shoulder permutation is prone to a glitch that may cause you to not unlock them until you have 1000 gamerscore; however, another glitch has occurred that unlocks the Security shoulders before reaching 750 gamerscore points in Halo 3.
The shoulders are less rounded than the Mark V.
The Security armor does not have a chest plate, although wearing the helmet will give the player a distinct "antenna and dial" on the right side of the back plate. This may be a reference to the antenna Master Chief had in the pre-Halo: Combat Evolved at the Mac World Trailer.
The MJOLNIR(M) variant helmet was manufactured at the Misriah Armories facility on Mars in 2528.
Base price: 250,000 cR, General
- Description: All (M) variant helmets have been upgraded to be compatible with all current issue armor systems.
UA/HUL price: 200,000 cR, General
- Description: Up-armored varient with hardened uplink module for MILINT acquisition.
CBRN/CNM price: 200,000 cR, Legend
- Description: For operations in hazard zones; command network module.
Unlock: 70,000 cR for left shoulder; 275,000 cR for right shoulder, rank of General needed for both.
- Description: The Supplemental Armor, Pauldron, MJOLNIR(M) variant was originally manufactured in 2528.
The right shoulder is equipped with a Kukri.
Halo 5: Guardians
Unlock: Rare REQ card
- Helmet Description: Two watchdog AIs hover at the edges of the SECURITY VISR interface, alert for cyberintrusion attempts and sensor anomalies that could indicate subversion of connected surveillance networks.
- Armor Description: Built to Spartan branch requirements for ship and station defense personnel, SECURITY armor seamlessly integrates with Navy networks and security constructs.
Available skins: Oppressor and Watchdog
Oppressor Unlock: Ultra Rare REQ card
Watchdog Unlock: Ultra Rare REQ card
In other languages
|Browse more images on this article's gallery page.|
- The Halo Encyclopedia erroneously states that the Security armor was manufactured in 2543, as it was manufactured in 2528.
- The MJOLNIR/M variant is based on that of the protagonist of the Marathon series, who is known only as the "Security Officer". The helmet in particular looks almost identical to the helmet worn by Marathon's protagonist. The Marathon symbol is on the helmet just above the visor.
- Unlike in Halo 3, the Security helmet does not feature the Marathon symbol in Halo: Reach. This is likely due to intellectual property concerns, as the symbol is also absent from the rest of the game. In Halo 5: Guardians, the Reclaimer symbol appears on the helmet.
- In Halo 5: Guardians development, Security armor began as "A067" when it was conceived.
Concept art of Security armor for Halo 5: Guardians.
Renders of of Security armor for Halo 5: Guardians.
Halo 5: Guardians armor skins
List of appearances
- Halo 3 (First appearance)
- Halo: Blood Line
- Halo: Reach
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Mythos: A Guide to the Story of Halo
- ^ a b c d Halo 3 -Armory description
- ^ Halo 5: Guardians - WRATH-class Mjolnir description
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder 5/6/2016: Noble Intentions
- ^ Halo: Blood Line - Issue 4
- ^ a b Halo 5: Guardians - Armory description
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Scarab Tactics
- ^ Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder: Sustained Glass