It had an Officers' Club aboard, housing a large table of oak, which was heavily scored with numerous gouges and scorches from cigars set upon its surface. There was also a bar stocked with a number of varieties of liquor. It also housed s gold-fringed blue UNSC flag, photographs of past officers and captains of the Gettysburg, and a tin Civil War daguerreotype that displayed battlefields of charging men, cavalry and cannon
 Battle of Sigma Octanus IV
- Main article: Battle of Sigma Octanus IV
On July 17, 2552, the Gettysburg, along with the frigate UNSC Allegiance, responded to a distress signal sent by Commander Jacob Keyes from the Sigma Octanus System. The vessel later fought in the Battle of Sigma Octanus IV with Battle Group Leviathan.
 Gettysburg-Ascendant Justice
Eventually, John-117, along with several survivors of Battle of Installation 04 and Fall of Reach, used the Gettysburg, fusing it with the Covenant ship Ascendant Justice, thus becoming the first human-Covenant hybrid vessel in history. It was used because the Ascendant Justice could not do the two Slipspace jumps in and out of a group of Covenant ships fast enough using just its own reactor. 
 Operation: FIRST STRIKE
- Main article: Operation: FIRST STRIKE
Eventually, the vessel was unlinked from the Ascendant Justice so that Vice Admiral Danforth Whitcomb and First Lieutenant Elias Haverson could use the Ascendant Justice to lure a Covenant battle fleet to the Unyielding Hierophant, which was about to explode. The Gettysburg was refitted with the slipspace drive from the Ascendant Justice prior to unlinking.
After Operation: FIRST STRIKE, the Gettysburg and its skeleton crew headed back to the Sol system.
- Gettysburg is named after the Battle of Gettysburg, the American Civil War battle that took place on July 1-3 1863, in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, on Earth. This is interesting, in that it was fused with a Covenant vessel, just as the two factions of the American Civil War eventually rejoined into one country.
 List of appearances
- ^ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 145
- ^ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 154
- ^ Halo: First Strike, page 208
- ^ Halo: First Strike, page 209
- ^ Halo: First Strike, page 332
- ^ Halo: First Strike, page 329