Rocky beach with a large Covenant tower
|“||Shielding infantry from aerial assault, these massive spires force the Covenant’s foes to fight on deadly ground.||”|
Spire is a multiplayer map in Halo: Reach. It was first talked about very briefly in the Bungie Weekly Update for July 16th, 2010, and the map's official name was revealed in the Forge World ViDoc, which launched on July 22nd, 2010.
The map is set on a beach with rocky cover. The focal point of the layout is an immense, towering Covenant shield generator spire. The lower portion of the structure is a flat dome shape with an open tunnel running underneath. The upper portion is an enclosed circular structure supported by 9 energy beams and has an energy balcony that encircles it. The top of the spire emits an energy barrier that envelopes the playable area. There is another smaller Covenant building to the side of the spire. The map is compatible with Invasion , and is the opposite of Boneyard, having a Spartan offense and Elite defense.  It features a Falcon, a Banshee, and a Warthog. Both the bottom and upper levels of the map are playable areas.The map is compatible with the race gametype.
- Cliff Road
- Alpha Generator
- Bravo Generator
- Ridge Road
- Middle Road
- Devil's Den
- Lower Spire
- High Trail
- Spire Airspace
- Upper Spire
- Conveyor Belt
- This map is based off the campaign level Tip of The Spear in Halo: Reach.
- This map uses a "Reverse Invasion" style, in which the Spartan Team is attacking and the Sangheili are defending. Aside from the team changes, the Invasion works similar to that of Boneyard, with the exception to the fact that the core must be brought to a Pelican dropship rather than a Phantom.
- The bottom of the Spire resembles a grouping of parked Banshee's, which, when viewed on certain angles, has caused players to attack the building.
- ^ Bungie.net: Spire Preview
- ^ Bungie.net: Forge World ViDoc
- ^ a b Bungie.net: Bungie Weekly Update 7.16.10
- ^ IGN - Halo: Reach preview - Multiplayer maps
- ^ Bungie.net: Bungie Weekly Update 8.13.10