|There is more information available on this subject at Cancer on the English Wikipedia.|
Cancer, known scientifically as a Malignant neoplasm, is a disease in which affected cells can display three of the following properties:
- Uncontrollable cellular reproduction above normal rates (this forms a Malignant tumor);
- Invasion and destruction of neighboring tissue; and sometimes
- Metastasis, a state in which affected cells spread throughout the body through the blood.
At some time during the Human-Covenant War, Michael Baird was diagnosed with this disease onboard the UNSC The Heart of Midlothian. At the time of his diagnosis, Baird was completely unaware of what cancer is, demonstrating how trivial the disease had become among the general population.
The fictitious disease known as "Boren's Syndrome" supposedly caused severe cancer symptoms in victims, which required extensive treatment and chemotherapy (even with 26th-Century medical technology).
List of appearances
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian (First appearance)
- ^ a b Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian, page 81