Tip of the Spear (music)
|Tip of the Spear|
Tip of the Spear is the fifth track of the Halo: Reach Original Soundtrack. It contains the musical segments Unreconciled, Any Means Necessary, Eyes on the Prize and Breaking Point.
Unreconciled is played twice in the fifth campaign level in Halo: Reach, Tip of the Spear: first during the opening cinematic and again during the Falcon turret section. It can also be heard in the opening cinematic for the tenth campaign level, Pillar of Autumn, and during the Halo: Reach credits. The other songs of the track are played during various parts of Tip of the Spear.
- This soundtrack bears resemblance to Orbital Drop Shock Trooper, a song from Finale in the Halo 3: ODST Original Soundtrack.
- Both soundtracks start with strong melodies. Usually it is a theme already played from the soundtrack, or reminiscences from the other soundtracks.
- The soundtracks relax toward the middle, and the climax is based on other songs from the Halo series, including the Halo Theme and the arpeggios in songs such as One Final Effort and Truth and Reconciliation Suite in Unreconciled, and the alto saxophone theme most evident in Overture, Deference for Darkness , and Special Delivery.
- Finally, as the song closes, a modified version of the beginning plays again, both songs have piano arpeggios at this section, and the song finally closes to a big finale.
- The first part of the soundtrack, Unreconciled, is a reference that UNSC forces and the Covenant forces are "unreconciled". It may also be a reference to "Reconciled", a piece in the Halo 3 soundtrack.
- The second part of the soundtrack, Any Means Necessary, is a direct quote from Carter-A259.
- The third musical segment, Eyes on the Prize, is also a direct quote from Carter-A259.
- Unreconciled: 3:05
- Any Means Necessary: 0:50
- Eyes on the Prize: 1:11
- Breaking Point: 0:56
- ^ Halo: Reach, campaign level Tip of the Spear (Carter-A259: "I want you to neutralize that gun, by any means necessary.")
- ^ Halo: Reach, campaign level Tip of the Spear (Carter-A259: "Eyes on the prize, Noble.")