Patrollers are a group of experienced users who are given access to extra tools on Halopedia.
Introduction to Patrollers
Patrollers are regular users who are given access to a few extra tools to help with the managing of the site and combating of vandalism.
- Marking page revisions or user edits as "patrolled" to help with the reverting of poor or bad-faith edits.
- Deleting and undeleting pages and uploaded images.
- Protecting a page so it can not be edited or moved by anonymous users (autoconfirmed protection) or non-admins (full/sysop protection).
- Quick reversion ("rollback") of undesirable edits.
Can I become a Patroller?
On Halopedia, users have the ability to request Patroller rights. Anyone who meets the below requirements may apply on the talk page.
- Users must have at least one of the following:
- 1,200 edits.
- Sysop status on another wiki (please link to the wiki).
- A member of Halopedia for at least four months.
- No history of vandalism or abuse of Halopedia for the user in question, and no history of compromised accounts for the user in question.
- No history of blocking on the basis of harassment or personal attacks.
All requests will be reviewed by the administration, who will decide whether or not to approve or deny the request. There is no limit to the amount of times a user may apply for Patroller rights. However, users must wait at least one month to submit a new request after any unsuccessful requests.