Halo Wars: Genesis - picture?
In Halo Wars: Genesis, page 5 there's a panel with three UNSC officers in Reach military base-undoubtedly the highest commanders. One on the right, the one who says "it'll be impossible to keep this a secret" could be Parangosky. She looks like an elderly woman and it would make sense if it was her, as she was one of the director of ONI.
Verification Needed on the quote of "Most Dangerous and only one crossed her and lived, that quote is from Ghosts of Onyx, when Ackerson was meeting with her as well as the ONI senior brass, Gibson and Rich.
I'm aware that the Alpha Site memorial says that she's dead, but I would like to point out two sources which say otherwise: Halo Encyclopedia and Halo: First Strike rerelease. Now, I'm aware that certain portions of the Encyclopedia may no longer be accurate, but First Strike does have Admiral Hood asking if "Margaret" authorized the psychological evaluation of Fred-104. It would be pretty surprising if the Chief of Naval Operations didn't know that his Intelligence director was dead. As such, I put forward two theories: the name on the memorial was an oversight, or Parangosky's death was faked to try and protect her (I don't know from what, be we have lots of information on ONI acting overly paranoid in the novels). -- SFH 23:44, 2 March 2011 (EST)
I don't think she's dead#@lof@n1234-Forgive My English 23:46, 2 March 2011 (EST)
 Spartan Ops: Episode 8
One of the villains of the new trilogy maybe? I think so, with her Spartan-IVs, super advanced UNSC Infinity, trying to use/mess with Forerunner tech, secretly detaining Halsey over Installation 03 (who is a "good guy"), trying to make the Sangheili loyalists and separatists fight each other by working with loyalists (against both Thel and Hood, both well liked "good guys"), and her attitude and personality in general. Alex T Snow 22:41, 14 January 2012 (EST)
- Yes, of course the Precursors/Flood are going to the the main enemy, but from what we've heard of the post-war world there's the UNSC, who are allied with the Covie Seperatists, there are the Human Rebels (new ones) that are against the UNSC, there's the rest of the Covie Loyalists, and there's ONI, who's pretty much doing deals with everyone, trying to keep the wars going. I think she could be an important, but not a main antagonist. Alex T Snow 01:58, 15 January 2012 (EST)
- Thanks :) Alex T Snow 04:40, 15 January 2012 (EST)
- True, but it was the best word I could think of. Alex T Snow 17:11, 15 January 2012 (EST)
I wouldn't say villan but one of those 'good guys' who no one likes. My guess and hope is that she takes her plan of Sangheili Genocide/Sanghelios Colonization too far and is relieved of duty/executed/etc User:Yoonhyuk-740 09:06PM, 19 November 2012 (EST)
- Such is the nature of war that it makes villains of the greatest men. Each side believes its cause is just. 'Telcam & Parangosky are no exception. They both feel that their reasons for genocide are righteous. In Parangosky's place, her actions are driven by the nearly untenable position that Humanity finds itself in at the moment. Sure, we have a shiny new flagship & a treasure trove of Forerunner tech, but the Sangheili can still wipe us from existence in a matter of weeks if they stop their fighting long enough to see what she's doing. It's a really dangerous game that has only one favorable outcome for Humanity and so, SO MANY ways for it to go horribly wrong... I doubt she cares about the personal cost... Hell, the woman is what 102 years old by 2553? Death would be a vacation, & prison would be a brief layover on the way there at this point... DJenser 15:07, 25 October 2012 (EDT)
- I think people like her are necessary in a time when humanity is so close to the brink of extinction, those who have to make decisions that affect what remains of humanity, even if that decision isn't approved by most people. The fact remains that if the general Sangheili population finds out her plans of genocide they'll be back with a vengance. The odds of them finding out are likely to increase with Jul 'Mdama's escape from imprisonment, while Jul doesn't know the whole plan, he knows the general plan. Col. Snipes450 15:27, 25 October 2012 (EDT)