User:CIA391/Air Assault-class Mjolnir
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/Air Assault|
Airborne infantry maneuvers
|“||Primarily used by ONI security personnel on the skyhooks above Earth and Luna.||”|
The Air Assault helmet's superficial design remained largely unchanged during the transition from GEN1 to GEN2. The GEN2 Air Assault helmet is equipped with a long range integrated comm network.
After the Human-Covenant War, the Naphtali Contractor Corporation began manufacturing the GEN2 version of the Air Assault helmet, as well as the matching torso armor and shoulder pieces. It was tested in the Buffalo Breaker Yards, and the Cascadian city of Mindoro.
GEN2 Air Assault provides functional support across a number of colonies as well as remotely deployed combat units. This set is also primarily used by ONI security personnel on the skyhooks above Earth and Luna.
The helmet is popular among Spartan fireteam leaders due to its communications system, though Napthali continues to market the helmet to the UNSC Army. Offshoots of the Air Assault armor have also been considered for adoption by unaugmented Delta-Six Division operators, but larger-scale adoption of the system has been hindered by its high cost, with each suit costing as much as a dropship.
Available skins: Verge (VERG) and Vision (VISN)
Default unlock: Achieve Spartan Rank 11
Verge unlock: Complete the Vehicle Mastery commendation.
Vision unlock: Purchase the Champions Bundle. This is not usable in Spartan Ops.
- Description: Primarily used by ONI security personnel on the skyhooks above Earth and Luna.
Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
In the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta there was a "DPT" skin which became the "Disrupt" skin in the final game. This skin had descriptions for it as follows:
- Helmet description: This coating incorporates impregnated metamaterials that mask the AIR ASSAULT armor's signature in both the near-infrared and near-ultraviolet spectrum.
- Body description: AIR ASSAULT users take advantage of even the smallest tactical advantage to avoid being spotted in transit to the combat zone.
Halo 5: Guardians
Available skins: Disrupt, Impact, and Specialist
Default unlock: Common REQ card
Disrupt unlock: Uncommon REQ card
Impact unlock: Rare REQ card
Specialist unlock: Ultra Rare REQ card
- Helmet description: The AIR ASSAULT helmet's long-range comm system makes it popular with Spartan fireteam leaders, but Naphtali also markets this helmet to Army special forces.
- Body description: AIR ASSAULT spin-offs were considered for adoption by unaugmented Delta-Six operators, but each suit costs as much as a dropship.
In Halo 5: Guardians due to the "Body" having a predefined customisation this armor set permanently has the following parts from Halo 4:
- The Air Assault helmet, (especially the GEN2 version), closely resembles the helmets worn by Orbital Drop Shock Troopers in Halo 2. The most prominent similarity is the faceplate, which is much less rounded than the version of the ODST helmet seen in post-Halo 2 media.
- The GEN2 Air Assault chestplate closely resembles that of the MJOLNIR Mark V, the [B] Variant specifically, and the similar Mark IV variant worn by Gray Team.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
High poly render of the GEN2 Air Assault armor for Halo 4.
A SPARTAN-IV wearing the GEN2 Air Assault armor.
A Spartan-IV wearing Air Assault armor in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta.
A Spartan-IV wearing Air Assault armor in a pre-release build of Halo 5: Guardians.
A trio of Spartan-IVs, with two wearing Air Assault armor in Halo 5: Guardians.
A SPARTAN holding the Type-55 storm rifle in AIR ASSAULT.
Halo 4 skins
Halo 5: Guardians skins
Halo 5: Guardians REQ cards
List of appearances
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- Halo: Initiation
- Halo: Hunters in the Dark
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Mythos
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual