Halopedia talk:Discord Server/Archive 2
Shouldn't Manticore also be listed in the Janitor operator section as well?Bllasae 03:50, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
- Most senior position listed. While Janitors are higher across Wikia, on individual wikis, they are below Administrator. Admins decide the course of their particular wiki, janitors just clean up the crap. --forgottenlord 02:40, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
This request is now closed, I'll give the people what the hell they want.
- Uh...ok, but you realise you heard the opinions of like, 3 or 4 users and 1 admin, nowhere near the entire active IRC community. HaloDude 23:27, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- I just figured it's going to go on and on and on for a long time and determined it wasn't worth all of the trouble. Grievous797
Request for Low-level Op on IRC
I, Spirit-of-HALO, would like to request for Low-Op on #halopedia. Pertaining to Grievous's reason, I'm usually there when there is no one Opped. I would like to better the IRC channel by, at least, keeping order and helping other users. I have asked RelentlessRecusant on this term and said he would discuss with me. Thank-you for your time.
- I will support this request, as S-o-H is perhaps one of the most civil individuals on the IRC. Pryo 'Zarkum File:Major-gr2.gif|19px]] My COM My Work My Story 12:36, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
Chief frank 001
I dont know if we can do that but i would like to request a low ops status for #halopedia ive be on #halopedia since june 13 2007 and im almost there all day long and i think i would the good person for the job i also have great knowledge of the channel rule if that can help. i hope i can help CF0UoH/A Company|0]]1 00:06, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
Oppose I'm sorry. I know you try your hardest and I see that, but IRC is a medium where communication is absolutely a must for moderation - some phrases that seem offensive might not be, sarcasm may, at times, be difficult to detect, and the oddities of the particular language mean that you might miss something that needed to be caught or caught something that should've been let go. Your limitations with English make me unwilling to support your candidacy. --forgottenlord 02:42, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
- i understand, yes it can be a problem, i already know that was a problem but i understand around 90-95% of what you saying on #halopedia. also i appreciate you said i try my hardest. CF0UoH/A Company|0]]1 14:43, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
Support Although Forgottenlord may be correct, we always have a user or four that could tell whether or not operator actions are needed, and alert him. So I see no reason why not to allow him op status. UoH/Member List#Lieutenant|Lieutenant]] Vatz "My COM Network""My Work" 01:31, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
I am requesting for low-level again, if I already didn't have them removed, because my last operatorship was only a trial for my RfA. Since I cancelled my RfA, I'm pretty sure that my trial is up, I would like to "renew" it. I have been on the IRC for nearly a year, had three months of experience of moderating #halopedia, and I am very fluent around the channel. I am very well aware of the changes in IRC policies and I frequent the IRC every single day I find a computer. Please take this into consideration.
- Support I definitely support this. Even though I don't think he's ready to be an admin, he suits as an op. ChurchReborn 06:02, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
SupportBlemo for Op!Bllasae 21:04, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
I'm pretty sick of having to sit and watch spammers, flamers and noobs piss people off while theres no ops on. As anybody who frequenst IRC now will tell ya, I've been pretty mature as of late, I haven't been kicked for months, I've been a good little boy.
Though today was the last straw, a invasion of noobs and spammers this afternoon, with them forcing actual halopedians who were chatting in there off, I had to ride it out as no ops or janitors were on.
Ajax 013 13:14, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
- I'm not sure if overall maturity quite fits the description, but I see no harm being done putting the kickstick in your hands. Pryo 'Zarkum, [iTalk] [iWork] [iWrite] 13:21, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
Support Support! User:FightWithHonor
Support Ajax is an experienced user and I agree that he has matured, and would make a good operator. He is aware of the channel rules and keeps to them, as well as alerting current operators when other users do not. UoH/Command Staff|General]] UserWiki:Simon_rjh|simon]] rj 13:57, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
Support As per Simon. I know actually what you mean by "having to sit and watch spammers, flamers and noobs piss people off while theres no ops on." --Blemo File:Progress Wheel.gif]] TALK • CONTRIBUTIONS • EMAIL • MESSAGE 02:34, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
Support Ahax for op!Bllasae 15:09, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
Support I'll tentatively support this candidacy on a short leash. I'd be more comfortable if your fellow members of HaloFanon indicate that there have been a minimal number of problems on that wiki. My biggest concern is your temper which I find is rather short and I've seen you crave kicks when it was merely someone annoying you. That said, I haven't dealt with you significantly since I came out of retirement so....yeah --forgottenlord 18:25, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
Support Hey, wait a minute, don't you already have ops here? SPARTAN-A984 01:39, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
SpecopsElite342,low level op
i frequent the IRC as ZukaRasami,and am active most of the day,i'm tired of the spammers and trolls;i can't do anything about them currently,i'm also active when the other ops are gone. ZukaRasami 23:03, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- Maybe when you learn to put spaces between punctuation, remember to sign your posts, not asking for something like this on the wiki where last I heard you were still banned from, follow the nick rules, and actually tell people to stop spamming or whatever they're doing wrong... ChurchReborn 05:51, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
Oppose No disrespect, but your currently banned from Halopedia, and have no moderator experience as far as I know. Pryo 'Zarkum, [iTalk] [iWork] [iWrite] 18:49, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
I am unban and i follow the nick rules.ZukaRasami 23:03, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
Support Your now unbanned and you frequent the IRC, I think you deserve to be an op. Halonerd147 23:38, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
I've started a nomination for myself having contact status in #halopedia over at Halopedia:Discord Server/Contact. Any input is appreciated. — Manticore [ Admin • IRC • HOTM • Bot ] 17:34, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
I am requesting to be a low-level Op on #Halopeida, I am normally on at times that there is not any Ops on, and I am a constant user on the IRC. I also believe that some of the stuff that happens while an Op is away is outrageous, or just the stuff that some Ops let go is amazing. I am also going to be Homeschooled next year so I can be on for most of the day. H3File:Legendary.jpg|25px]]Fear Me, or else... 01:14, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
Support I'm on the fence on this one. On one hand: You are mature during situations with spammers. IE. Warning then attempting to contact an admin and not joining in with the spammer. And on the other hand: You have a bad history with arguments with users and OPs. I'm not going to act holier than thou, (I've had my spats with the way the OPs ran the IRC many times) but that may affect the final decision of your opping. Grievous797}}
Support I'm also on the fence for this, I agree with Grievs, you are mature and serious enough to handle the responsibilities, but there have been several occasions were you have lost control to the "shenanigans" of the channel. All in all I have to say that I support your request. UoH/Member List#Lieutenant|Lieutenant]] Vatz "My COM Network""My Work" 01:36, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
- Just saying; could you use ie instead of IE, as that's one of my nicks. ;)
Support Blake can haz ops. He's much more mature now. He knows the rules and I'd be happy to help him with commands if he needs them. --Kwarshinator-(contact)-(contribs)-(edit count) 01:43, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
Weak Support. H3 is capable and mature enough, but like other voters have said, you've had issues with other ops in the past, which worries me. UoH/Command Staff|General]] UserWiki:Simon_rjh|simon]] rj 13:42, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
- I understand what everyone is saying, I did have my fare share of disputes in the past, but, that was in the past. I have not had any issues with anyone in a long time. Nor do I intent to have any more issues, for lack of a better term I have mellowed out. I hope that you guys will allow me to move past my somewhat rocky past, and I appreciate the chance to.H3File:Legendary.jpg|25px]]Fear Me, or else... 16:23, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
Weak Oppose I don't deny that people can change and I haven't been on IRC enough to be able to evaluate your behavior now - those are far from the reasons for my vote. My vote is because I was last active on IRC from late April through late May and I recall incidents from that time period. Two months to turn over a new leaf is not, IMO, sufficient time to be satisfied with someone being given ops. We don't tend to give ops to users who've been here less than 3 months (I know, I got it within 1 but that's beside the point), I'm not sure we should be giving it to someone who's got a history and has had less than 3 months of good behavior. In a few months, I'd have no problem with this nomination if several users and ops indicate your nose is still clean. --forgottenlord 17:07, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
- I do not know what you are talking about for most of May and some of April I could not get on much due to Finals, if you are referring to the GPT thing, that happened almost over 5 months ago, and nothing has happened since then. H3File:Legendary.jpg|25px]]Fear Me, or else... 17:28, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
Support -- My interactions with H3 have been mostly positive, and I have been continually impressed with his knowledge of the rules and his ethics in enforcing them. That said, that can not ablate some considerable personal conflicts he has been involved in within the past few months, and the occasional burst of immaturity. I am willing to support his operatorship if he agrees to be intensively reviewed for the beginning of his operatorship, and his status will be removed in the event of any serious wrongdoing. As a whole, though, I am impressed by H3. Warm regards, RelentlessRecusant (Bureaucrat) (Talk) (Contribs) 17:33, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you RR, I do understand that my past has been "spotty," and I am over that, and want to put the rest behind me, some of the things that I did were stupid. I will admit that, but I am glad to see that people are behind me.
I keep trying to get on IRC but the screen keeps saying, Error. Communication socket already exists. Does anyone know why it keeps doing this ? --Andrew-996 File:Haloforgheisonvv4.gif|15px]] "Radio Frequency 9.96" "Confirmed Kills" 17:53, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
That is probably a problem with your computer - an anti-virus program conflicting or bad settings for the IRC client. I'd recommend looking for an IRC support group as that's probably well beyond the experience of most of the users here --forgottenlord 20:26, 23 July 2008 (UTC)
- Try a list of IRC clients. Then use the one that works, and one that you find comfortable. I use CGI:IRC. Sure, it's crap, but it works and it's easy for my IQ of 10 to comprehend. --Blemo File:Progress Wheel.gif]] TALK • CONTRIBUTIONS • EMAIL • MESSAGE 07:27, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
I've been talking about this for a while, and I'm finally doing it. I'm requesting operator status on #halopedia. I have experience with the operator commands on the channels #gruntcorner and my personal channel, ##deltahangar. I'm on IRC most of the day on most days, I'll only not be on if I go on a trip, or if my computer explodes (unlikely).
Support Seems to have a good understanding of the rules. Has good humor and is on good terms with nearly everyone on the channel to my knowledge. File:United Nations logo.png|35px]]UoH|General]] Tony, Administrator of HalopediaTalk 9/14/2008
Neutral Reconsidering the vote I made. Maybe Delta wasn't attacking... maybe it was FL4 and that irssi script thingy he did... DARN YOU LINUX, AND YOUR USER-MODIFIABLE SETTINGS! (On a later note, nice edit conflict Delta. You did it when it would cramp me most. *selffacepalms*) SPARTAN-A984 02:11, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- I only do that because you can get kind of annoying on the channel, and, not to point any fingers, I barely kick/remove you anymore. Also, #gruntcorner has no rules for kicking or banning. I haven't kicked you in a month. So please, reconsider your vote :) SPARTAN-G156 COM Channel Past Battles My History 02:10, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- Just because GruntCorner doesn't have any formal rules about kicking doesn't mean that there isn't a limit to what is considered appropriate nor does that mean that actions within GC shouldn't be counted against you. In truth, one of the largest problems we've had is attitude from our ops and admins in the past. A place like GruntCorner shows us what sort of attitude you bring to those kinds of powers. CR, who owns the channel, rarely (if ever) plays with the kick button - it is very rare that you are kicked and unable to figure out why. Hearing the word "barely" sets off plenty of alarm bells and makes me wonder just how many of those kicks are justified....and how many of them are just you either goofing off or letting a temper get to you. --forgottenlord 07:16, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- It's true I act immature on #gruntcorner, but when I'm on #halopedia I'm as mature as I can be all the time. And, the only times I kick are at times where I'm either very annoyed be the person, if they're flooding. Recently, in the past month, I've rarely kicked anyone as goofing off. SPARTAN-G156 COM Channel Past Battles My History
- Um, fl......#gruntcorner has no rules, but yes there's a limit to what is appropriate. To be fairly honest, CR and myself kick a lot on that channel, clearly when you're not on, which is a lot now, so for you to state that CR rarely kicks is a bit unfair considering you're not there most of the time. Even Simon and Blemo occasionally do it. Just because we act like that in that channel doesn't mean we're like that in all channels. I'm sure Delta knows how and when to appropriately kick someone in #Halopedia. HaloDude 17:36, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- My point is: while there might be things on GC that aren't ok on HP, it is concerning to see someone use that as a justification. No, I would never test a user on his ability to moderate on GC, but someone who acts like a dick on GC I would be fairly hesitant to support for ops on HP. That said, I don't vote unless I see clear evidence of either a person having good moderation skills or poor member of the community - rather I raise questions about arguments and reasoning made. --forgottenlord 14:07, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
Oppose Just because people use mibbit doesn't mean that person should be kicked. It's not their fault if they have lag. And besides, you should have sent me a PM, kick, or a message before directly banning me for a few days. >.> RickrollerGeneralÌṂρεσάḹόґMyVictoriesFile:Cavalier_achievement.gif|28px]] 03:08, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
I have never kicked anyone due to them having Mibbit. That is fairly idiotic to suggest. I simply, on a channel with no rules, banned Mibbit, then unbanned it the next morning. I would have unbanned sooner, but my parents made me go to bed. You were the one unnecessarily kicking me for "flooding" which never occurred. As for the "banning me for a few days", I never ban anyone on #gruntcorner for more than a few hours, they only last longer due to me having to leave for a certain amount of time. SPARTAN-G156 COM Channel Past Battles My History 12:32, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- Ahem....I only kicked you because you were flooding. In fact, you filled the whole channel with some joke. I (and the others on the channel at the time) warned you several times before I kicked you the first time. Then, you continued and I kicked you again. And that repeated several times. The last time I kicked you was because of lag. Even though you stopped, my computer kept spouting things several minutes late (because of it being on mibbit). Therefore, I kicked you. Even I explained what happened, though, you banned me. BTW, to others, that was on #gruntcorner. RickrollerGeneralÌṂρεσάḹόґMyVictoriesFile:Cavalier_achievement.gif|28px]] 14:32, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- Actually I was not flooding, your IRC client, Mibbit, was lagging severely. For me, and everyone else, I had stopped saying that log five minutes before you kicking me. I had no control over your clients lag, so warnings were useless. Also, screaming "STAWP" several times is NOT a warning. And 5 kicks was unneeded for your clients lag. SPARTAN-G156 COM Channel Past Battles My History 14:45, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- *Cough* Private Message, anyone? In addition, my five kicks were because you rejoined after you kept on flooding the channel. For the first time, I said Stop spamming. Regardless, you continued, thus resulting in a kick. That wasn't the only time you banned me, either. RickrollerGeneralÌṂρεσάḹόґMyVictoriesFile:Cavalier_achievement.gif|28px]] 14:54, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- I have auto rejoin on. But that's beside the point. Five kicks is COMPLETELY unneeded. No matter what the offense, and a PM was pointless because I was away at the time of your kicking. What happened in the past on #gruntcorner is irrelevant to this anyway. This is a request on an official Wikia channel with rules. #gruntcorner is CR and HD's personal channel, which has NO rules. So other than something irrelevant from the past, what do you have against my request for op? SPARTAN-G156 COM Channel Past Battles My History 15:08, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- If how he acts on GC is going to affect the possibility of his op status in #halopedia, then you might as well take away my ops and James' ops too, cos you've seen how both me and him act in the channel. James with his crimping/animal camouflage (XD) stuff. Then you have me going on about whatever, like calling the Easter Bunny a bastard for not giving me chocolate on Easter. Yet both of us can control ourselves in certain channels and what not and act how we should, and it seems like Delta can control himself too, we just have our moments. All GC really does in my opinion is some people learn is some of the IRC commands cos nearly everyone who joins gets ops. ChurchReborn 00:28, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
Support--I've chatted with him on the IRC, he's "changed" for the better (right, Delta? =P), and he's been mature enough, warning spammers, vandals, and flamers. Just, as a generality, don't use the banhammer as much as the kickstick if the kick does the job. Good luck. User:ImperatorExercitus/Message
Oppose Sorry Delta, i think we have enough op's, plus you arn't the most responsible person i've seen on the channel, and on other channels you do abuse your powers.- ONI recon 111
- Yes, we do have many ops. But the majority of them are not on often, or are usually away at most times. As for responsibility, I actually am one of the more responsible ones on the channel, not the most, but still very responsible. Also, I don't "abuse" my powers on other channels, I rarely kick or remove people without reason anymore. SPARTAN-G156 COM Channel Past Battles My History 16:51, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- There was actually an idea by one admin at one point that it might be desired to have as many as 5 ops at any given time on the channel. We're not really looking at number of ops to make our decisions but rather the quality of the user himself. I think it would be appreciated if you made your vote solely about the quality of the user and let the admins make their decisions about staffing levels --forgottenlord 14:07, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support I've changed my opinion due to observations of Delta on the IRC. His judgements of offenses and rulebreaking are clear and well thought out, and I don't think he'd be a problem as an operator. HaloDude 01:10, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support he might of done stuff like people are saying in #gruntcorner, but what matters is #halopedia, and he can control himself, has a clear mind of the rules and knows when to tell people to stop, and even when to tell some ops to stop.. ChurchReborn 17:05, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
- You're opposing because we have alot of ops (most of which are inactive), and a small incident in #gruntcorner that I have not done since it occured, and that I never will repeat? SPARTAN-G156 COM Channel Past Battles My History 20:12, 18 September 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, we usually have two active operators; HaloDude and Ajax_013. While they may *cough* have an "anger management" problem (=p), they do a reasonably good job on banning and kicking people. Second, I hope for your sake that you do not repeat that "little" stint on #gruntcorner. Cheers. Sincerely, RickrollerGeneralÌṂρεσάḹόґMyVictoriesFile:Cavalier_achievement.gif|28px]] 20:59, 18 September 2008 (UTC)
- James and Ajax don't have 'anger management problems', just two people with two completely different personalities clashing most of the time, then you have the annoying people who are annoying. ChurchReborn 17:05, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
- Uh...if you think me and Ajax have anger management issues, then you don't know what anger management issues are. Perhaps stupid comments like that can be kept to yourself and not on a page that requires serious discussion. HaloDude 18:28, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
- "You're opposing because we have alot of ops (most of which are inactive), and a small incident in #gruntcorner that I have not done since it occured, and that I never will repeat?"
- — Delta-269
Firstly: 'alot' is 'a lot'. Secondly: No, I'm just naturally not a trusting person. I'm not going to forget about that incident for a long time, and there are also my other reasons. --Darth tom (talk)
On another note, please stop posting how many supports, neutral, oppose votes you have every hour in channels and asking people to vote, cos it's honestly making you seem desperate for the ops, and it can make people vote against you for that, which is a legit reason to. It's not a campaign. ChurchReborn 17:32, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
I, Lovemuffin, am requesting for the position of low-level op on the #halopedia IRC channel. The first time I requested to be an op, I was denied due to lack of experience on the IRC channel. However, over the past months, I have become a frequent member of the IRC, helping contribute a social unity and equilibrium between users. I can incorporate my experience from Halopedia, being a Rollback User and a Seasoned Veteran, into the IRC as I will cease others from committing offensive and ill-mannered behavior. I feel some users that can confirm my frequent use of the IRC are CommanderTony, Delta-269, ChurchReborn, HaloDude, Specops306, Halopediaman, Spirit-of-HALO, Stigma-231, Mlj91, Ghost Sangheili, Blemo, Subtank, and other various users. I find that even though there might be an abundance of overall users, those users are commonly not on all the time or some might be away from their computers. I hope that you can realize that I can be a valuable asset to the Halopedia Channel if I become an Op.
Support--=[ You didn't mention me! However, might I add that you may want to be more...active, as in replying to conversations and all. However, I do acknowledge that your presence was felt, and thus, deserving of Op. Another question: are you experienced in the ways of the Commands? That is, do you know how to ban, kick, unban, etc? RickrollerGeneralÌṂρεσάḹόґMyVictoriesFile:Cavalier_achievement.gif|28px]] 14:23, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hmm...change of heart to the logs, though I was assuming he thought everyone there was mature enough for his "last joke". RickrollerGeneralÌṂρεσάḹόґMyVictoriesFile:Cavalier_achievement.gif|28px]] 22:14, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
Oppose - Things like this aren't exactly acceptable in #halopedia...Users may find this disturbing or offensive, so only read it if you feel it necessary.
- Jul 09 18:02:21 <Lovemuffin> What's the difference between a dead baby and a trampoline?
- Jul 09 18:02:33 <CF001> dunno
- Jul 09 18:02:35 <Lovemuffin> When you jump on a trampoline, you take your boots off.
- Jul 09 18:02:58 <CF001> Lovemuffin: where did you found that
- Jul 09 18:03:01 <Lovemuffin> How do you get 10 babies into a bucket?
- Jul 09 18:03:08 <Lovemuffin> From people
- Jul 09 18:03:13 <Lovemuffin> and websites
- Jul 09 18:03:14 <CF001> ok
- Jul 09 18:03:25 <Lovemuffin> but mostly people
- Jul 09 18:03:41 <Lovemuffin> Answer to baby: A BLENDER
- Jul 09 18:03:50 <Lovemuffin> How do you get them out?
- Jul 09 18:04:00 <CF001> ?
- Jul 09 18:04:07 <Lovemuffin> mmm Tostitos
- Jul 09 18:04:15 <Lovemuffin> :P
- Jul 09 18:04:20 <Delta-269> o_O
- Jul 09 18:05:58 <Lovemuffin> Fucked
- Jul 09 18:06:35 <Lovemuffin> I heard this from someone: "What's the difference between a hamburger and a Dead Baby?"
- Jul 09 18:06:49 * CF001 doesnt understand
- Jul 09 18:07:02 <ZukaR> what?
- Jul 09 18:07:03 <CF001> the last
- Jul 09 18:07:14 <Lovemuffin> I don't stick my penis in a hamburger before I eat it
- Jul 09 18:07:22 <Delta-269> o_O
- Jul 09 18:07:29 <Lovemuffin> O.o
- Jul 09 18:07:31 <CF001> O_O
- Jul 09 18:07:38 <Lovemuffin> yee
- Jul 09 18:07:53 <Lovemuffin> How do you stop a baby crawling round in circles ?
- Jul 09 18:07:58 <CF001> omg
- Jul 09 18:08:05 <Lovemuffin> Nail its other hand to the floor.
- Jul 09 18:08:11 <Delta-269> I'd stop these, coz we have 2 ops on
- Jul 09 18:11:37 <Lovemuffin> How do you save a Baby from choking?
- Jul 09 18:11:41 <CF001> dead baby joke
- Jul 09 18:11:47 <Glaug-Eldare> dunno, how?
- Jul 09 18:11:47 <ZukaR> lol
- Jul 09 18:11:51 <Lovemuffin> Pull your dick out of it's mouth
- Though this is disturbing, (many instances of humor are) I would have immediately ceased if someone complained that the jokes were disturbing them. No one told me to stop and/or lay off. I figured the users that were online at that moment were mature enough to handle the usage of diction in the messaging. Also, a message personally to you, Halodude, before you judge my character, is that ChurchReborn found those jokes very humorous and funny. As for the use of swear words, there have been countless times where ops and admins have used coarse language such as that. -- Lovemuffin File:Dancing_master_chief.gif|30px]] •••|Ξ| Talk |Ξ| Edit Count |Ξ| Contributions |Ξ|••• 01:15, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
- Lovemuffin, when I obtained those logs, I checked the times and CR was afk at that particular time, I checked my logs because you claim she laughed (noted from scrollback, date, time and checked against my own logs and IRC data from that day - CR was afk), and Delta did tell you to stop (Logs show that). Also, whether or not people laughed or didn't complain, doesn't mean you can do that. An op could abuse their powers and repeatedly kick someone, and everyone may find it funny. Doesn't mean it's acceptable. HaloDude 21:38, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
- Umm what? I didn't even laugh, much less was I even there at the moment. I found it sick and wrong as it could possibly be, disturbing and perverted. That's not even the full log, cos I was the one who gave them to James anyways a long time ago. When I did get back, someone did complain to me about what you were saying and unfortunately, I was never able to get your hostmask until maybe a month later, but by then I figured I couldn't ban you for that. And whether or not you thought they were mature enough or not, it wasn't allowed in the channel at all already as per channel rules. Yeah ops do use swear words, but not to describe putting your dick into a baby's mouth or whatever. And Delta did tell you to stop
- Jul 09 18:08:11 <Delta-269> I'd stop these, coz we have 2 ops on - ChurchReborn 01:37, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
Oppose - Entire joke category is considered to be questionably funny based upon how comfortable individuals are with the subject matter. Add on that half of those jokes were pedophilia in nature.... I don't think there's a way you can claim you didn't know that they easily could've been offensive to a good segment of the community. That's just plain common sense - a trait I'd hope any moderator to have. However, at the very baseline, we expect moderators to know the rules, uphold the rules, and LEAD BY EXAMPLE in following the rules and those jokes are technically against the rules - Inappropriate Content, subitems 4, 5, 6, and 10. --forgottenlord 03:14, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
Spirit-of-HALO for OP
I would like to run again for Op (Low status that is). Since I started Homeschooling, I have lots of time to be on there. And yes, I'm probably the only one there that can remember the rules (at some points), many people do. I "may appear" immature, but I'm just there to have fun, help, and what not. When it comes to rules, I'm "Hard". (Whew, I said it..) Halo's Legionair File:Oddball Kill.gif|30px]] ("Contact") 20:20, 18 September 2008 (UTC)
Half- Support--I've seen you a few times in between every couple of days or so and you have no instance of immature behavior that I know of. That being said, I would like you to be a bit more active to gain my fully pledged support. Cheers. RickrollerGeneralÌṂρεσάḹόґMyVictoriesFile:Cavalier_achievement.gif|28px]] 20:59, 18 September 2008 (UTC)
Support-- If you are op just remember the number one rules of #halopedia is don't talk about Halo, hehheheh. Mr. Halonerd File:Ajax-loader.gif|20px]] My Talk My FanFic 21:23, 18 September 2008 (UTC)
Why do you want to be an op? I only ask because you volunteered 3 months ago when you had barely started on IRC, you recently had a closed RfA over rules violations, and then you jump over here to request op access. As such, I'm wondering what your motivations are for moving into all of these high places.--forgottenlord 03:19, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
I see your concern forgottenlord, but the RFA issue is being resolved, and you cant ask for that position, someone nominated me. Now about the Op status, I've been going on that for months now, so for the IRC, its been more than 3 months. And my motivation is to insure security for Halopedia and the channel, not to be a tyrant, but to help. It is hard to understands someones attitude or actions over the internet, but I swear to you, I want to help. RegardsHalo's Legionair File:Oddball Kill.gif|30px]] ("Contact") 15:57, 19 September 2008 (UTC) Oppose I haven't seen him act in a way meriting of Op status, he's rarely on as much as some of the other ops, and he barely even has a grasp of IRC know how and knowledge. Most people who use CGI:IRC know very little; a massive generalisation, I know, and I'm not opposing this just because he uses CGI, but because he's not on enough, isn't operator material, and doesn't have a sufficient grasp of IRC concepts. Oh, and it's definitely unnecessary with all the other people running. Delta's by far the best candidate, even though I don't feel he's worthy of a support. --Darth tom (talk)
Request for Low-level OP on IRC - Matoro3311
I, Matoro3311, am requesting for a low-level Op in the IRC, as I am frequently online, and I'm constantly warning users of the prohibition of profanity on #halopedia's IRC channel, and I'm very strict about the IRC's rules.
Oppose- You are an avid follower of the rules, but you are on very little compared to many people who are on the channel, and we already have many op's.- My Comm Channel - My Work - My Base - File:1216531774 Extinction.jpg|50px]] 15:13, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
Oppose-- Many others spend at least five hours on the IRC. Normally, I spend the entire day on, and yet I never see you on, save one or two instances without any significant instances. Also, strictness is not always the best thing; adhering to the rules is.. User:ImperatorExercitus/Message
Oppose Hah! I can't believe you even tried this! It would be funny, if it wasn't so disgusting. Hell, no. I don't feel your maturity level is high enough, you're not on anywhere near enough, and you know nothing of how the IRC works. Kthxbai. --Darth tom (talk)
- Constructive critiscism please, don't lower it to insults. It's not necessary or helpful. RecUoH/Command Staff|lai]] rj 18:19, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
Oppose- As a past vandal/spammer/sock puppet, I wouldn't trust you as far as I could hurl you. That and you not on often as you seem to claim. Ajax 013 17:42, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
- I was never a sock-puppet. Gunnery Sergeant UserWiki:Matoro3311|Matoro3311]] | 15:29, 24 September 2008 (UTC)
Oppose - Epic hell no. Hasn't had the experience, can be frustrating at times, and is barely on. It's like everyone who's been on the IRC for a day or two wants Operator rights these days. File:CommanderTony Signature Logo.png|35px]] Commander Tony, Administrator of HalopediaTalk 9/24/2008
- Really? I haven't seen you take any leadership roles on the channel as a Regular user, like many Operators have done in the past, and is more or less the standard norm. As for you being frustrating...take a walk in my shoes, though don't walk a mile and run off with them (figuratively). Maybe in a few months, i'll reconsider my vote once i've seen you improve your situation on the channel. File:CommanderTony Signature Logo.png|35px]] Commander Tony, Administrator of HalopediaTalk 9/25/2008
Oppose - I'm sorry to do this, even as your brother I feel it is okay to say you haven't really done anything decent on Halopedia to deserve this. I can't talk because I don't deserve something like this, but you can't use the excuse "I need something to do", to get you something like this. So, Oppose.ThundersUserWiki:Thunderstream328|trea]]m328 19:39, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
patx for op!
For now I am closing this as per CT. It will re-open in two-three months. -- PATX 19:15, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
Hello can I have op status? I am on the IRC channel quite a bit (every day) and have only been banned from #halopedia 3 times!! I am very good at following rules (only when given to by Simon rjh, forgottenlord, and CommanderTony). And I am pretty fair and try to see "both side of the story" when apply rules or taking action. Another reason I want to have op is because I am really good friends with all of the other ops *cough*Manticore*cough*. Oh and I am also very experinexed with freenode.net stuff because I have got my own IRC channel and IRC bot. -- PATX 00:15, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- When applying for a job, speak proper English. --forgottenlord 00:53, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- OK fixed. Can you vote now? -- PATX 01:19, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- I don't vote unless I've seen a clear sign of someone being good or bad. I'm not on IRC that much so unless I receive a log, I tend not to have an opinion. Instead, I tend to favor playing the devil's advocate. --forgottenlord 04:28, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- OK fixed. Can you vote now? -- PATX 01:19, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
Oppose - Has ran into many problems with the Administration and the Operators of Halopedia, including many minor infractions. Including the three times he's been banned, PATX has also been noted to rarely spam the channel. I'm not saying I don't like the guy, though him being an Operator is just too ludacris for right now, maybe in a few months; when we get to see if you're worthy of handling the rights. File:CommanderTony Signature Logo.png|35px]] Commander Tony, Administrator of HalopediaTalk 9/25/2008
ImperatorExercits for low-level op
I, ImperatorExercitus, am making a request for low level op. During my time on #Halopedia, I have never gotten banned and kicked only a few times (the majority of which were simple misunderstanding). In addition, I have warned spammers, flamers, and "hit-and-run" vandals (that is, they say something offensive, and then leave). I am quite experienced with operator skills, as I have experimented and learned them on #gruntcorner. As for lag, I have recently gotten a new internet which is much faster, thus nulling the incident on Gruntcorner, which I now freely admit was due to my laggy internet. I often contribute to discussion civily on #halopedia, and am on good books (for the most part) with everyone. I've been on the IRC for several months (every day except on when my computer crashes/I'm away), for over 5 hours each day. So, I believe that I fit the standards and would make a decent operator! Cheers. Sincerely, User:ImperatorExercitus/sig
Support - He's a good member who has followed the rules since he's been here. Is a nice guy who more or less can talk to anyone, from a Grizzled Veteran to a Newbie Newb. File:CommanderTony Signature Logo.png|35px]] Commander Tony, Administrator of HalopediaTalk 9/25/2008
Support - Relatively good support (2 out of 5) for Internet Explorer!! Although I have the assumption that we have enough OP for the #halopedia channel
(We need some for #halo-fanon!!), I'm guessing having another one should bolster the defence...wait... that doensn't make any sense... oh well...relatively good support!! :P Little_Missy - File:Cortana Gif.gif|24px]] 19:26, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
Support - Just because you "Opposed" me doesn't mean I'm going to do that to you out of spite. Besides, you're easy to talk to. :P Gunnery Sergeant UserWiki:Matoro3311|Matoro3311]] | 17:28, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
- When I opposed, I only meant that you should spend a little more time on the IRC and warn spammers, vandals, and flamers a bit more. Otherwise, I would also support you! =D Cheers. Sincerely, RickrollerGeneralÌṂρεσάḹόґṃΨɫɬɮɺɭʎʟFile:Cavalier_achievement.gif|28px]]
- Actually, I've been on for several months now; over five months, in fact. I've been more active in terms of conversation than anybody all day (there might be one or two exceptions). Therefore, I would be able to kick the vandals/spammers/flamers the moment I spot something wrong. Before, I've asked the op (who were inactive) to no effect. Then, I would have to sit it out, while the entire channel was filled with their moaning/shrieking/flaming. Cheers. Sincerely, User:ImperatorExercitus/sig
My recent contact status vote was declared successful and I have been acting as the #halopedia contact for four days now.
In this time, I have cleaned up the channel access list, instituted template groupings using the new atheme services, and removed old auto-kicks, to name a few. As many of you would have by now noticed, I have also revamped the on-wiki pages relating to the channel. The large, clogged main page has been replaced with several subpages, with a menu bar present on each of these.
The other administrators and myself are also discussing changes to be made to the channel rules, as well as the appointment of new operators (see below). I will keep you appraised on this page of any further developments.
- They have? Huh --forgottenlord 00:23, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
Recently we have seen a large number of requests for operator status. The administrators have discussed these, taking into consideration the on-wiki voting, and have decided to undertake a trial opping of Delta-269. We are also discussing a possible trial of Halo_3 following this. I have archived all other requests as unsuccessful. Thank you all for your interest, and please don't hesitate to apply in the future. — Manticore [ Admin • IRC • HOTM • Bot ] 14:41, 29 September 2008 (UTC)
I'm so far disappointed with Delta's trial opping. Frequent unecessary opping to "scare" people isn't what i'd personally want to see on the IRC, especially as that could adapt into using ops to threaten people in the future. Not only is it really annoying but it's basically showing off. Also, muting the channel because "no u" was said twice is extremely excessive, and then to be in an argument over it for so long was extremely annoying for the channel too. I understand Pryo can be a handful but arguing with him isn't helping. HaloDude 21:44, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- That was something I was doing as a joke, and plan to never repeat. The muting do to "no u" was because I know PZ and Imperator, and I could tell it would develop into spamming, as it has in the past. Also, you never mentioned the fact that I did manage to stop a spammer (with the nick a_BIG_HAIRY_****) before they were able do any kind of spamming. Дельта-269ГоворитьВклады 21:54, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- I wasn't present for the spammer, so I wouldn't know. Also, you muted without even asking simply for them to stop. Channel mutes, even when appropriate, always seem excessive, and this was the most excessive case I can actually remember this year. Pryo and Imperator may be hard to deal with (no offense to them) but a channel mute was a bit excessive and, in my opinion, used way too early in the incident. HaloDude 21:58, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, there were two lines of "no u" before you muted the entire channel; I said one first, and then Pyro Zarkum replied; I see that everyday in the IRC. Cheers. Sincerely, User:ImperatorExercitus/SigT
- That's true, but isn't it much better to stop an incident before it happens, and not after? Also, as it was my first day, I was a little over-eager to prove myself as able to successfully use op commands, I won't be doing any other channel mutings anymore either. Дельта-269ГоворитьВклады 22:04, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- Stopping an incident before it happens isn't exactly best. This isn't Minority Report. On the IRC, stopping an incident when it happens gives you clear reason to act. Acting on suspicion that an incident is going to happen is, in my opinion, ridiculous, unless of course there's clear evidence something will happen. HaloDude 22:24, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- I wasn't having a "premonition". I was acting off of knowledge of previous encounters between PZ and Imperator, there have been several times when their harmless "no u"-ing became a "no u" flooding-fest. So I was acting on the assumption that it would happen again, like it has many times. Дельта-269ГоворитьВклады
- Stopping an incident before it happens isn't exactly best. This isn't Minority Report. On the IRC, stopping an incident when it happens gives you clear reason to act. Acting on suspicion that an incident is going to happen is, in my opinion, ridiculous, unless of course there's clear evidence something will happen. HaloDude 22:24, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- Whatever the reson, it was excessive and certainly annoyed the channel. A simple "Stop" would have been best, and you could act from there if the continued. HaloDude 22:39, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- >.< I don't know about Pryo_Zarkum, but I've never said no u more than once in a row; I've definitely never spammed the channel with anything. Please, base of something you've seen happening. Cheers. Sincerely, User:ImperatorExercitus/SigT
- Premptive action should never take the form of actual operator action. Premptive action should be in the form of warnings and comments, little else. Yes, you *might* have prevented a spam fest that would have disrupted the channel, but you did this prevention by....disrupting the channel. --forgottenlord 04:16, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
I'm most concerned by the fact that you think the most appropriate way to deal with two possible disruptive users is to mute the channel. — Manticore [ Admin • IRC • HOTM • Bot ] 11:29, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
- To be bluntly honest, before he was an op and there was some sort of commotion, he'd usually tell the present op/s to type /mode +m #halopedia and say how he would of muted the channel already if he had op because of some misunderstandings. Didn't think he actually would after ops that do mute the channel are usually bitched at by other ops and people, but eh.. ChurchReborn 19:46, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
Subtank and EwCDnaudee419
As we have done in the past, I'd like to suggest we give these two RfA candidates ops so that they can demonstrate their skills and aptitude for moderation to the community --forgottenlord 03:28, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- I'm fine with Subbles having operator abilities, as she is relatively active on the IRC Channel and has shown her responsibility. However, EwCDnaudee419 never appears on the IRC, and I mean that literally. So, basically, Support for Subtank, and Oppose for EwCDnaudee419. Cheers. Sincerely, RickrollerGeneralÌṂρεσάḹόґṃΨɫɬɮɺɭʎʟFile:Cavalier_achievement.gif|28px]] 16:45, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- Heh, I'm not saying that I oppose your RfA, it's just that you've never been on the IRC. To be honest, the fact that he's an administrator already proves that he's probably responsible to be an admin here. Cheers. Sincerely, RickrollerGeneralÌṂρεσάḹόґṃΨɫɬɮɺɭʎʟFile:Cavalier_achievement.gif|28px]] 16:52, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- Well you haven't voted yet and honestly SHE isn't the only one who is an Admin. on other sites. Just because I'm not on IRC all the time doesn't mean I couldn't handle something like this. The point is I was trying to say that I know I'm not on IRC a lot, its only because I don't like it and I would never use these powers given to me. I was agreeing with you, but I don't want things to look/sound like its something beyond my capabilities. --Councilor Εw C 'DnaudeeBattle Net My Editcount 17:04, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- Blarg...I just changed my point of view when I said, "To be honest, the fact that he's an administrator already proves that he's probably responsible to be an admin here.". I was referring to you, not Subtank. Don't worry, I know that Subbles is a female. ;) Cheers. Sincerely, RickrollerGeneralÌṂρεσάḹόґṃΨɫɬɮɺɭʎʟFile:Cavalier_achievement.gif|28px]] 17:12, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- If he's not on, he's not on so don't give him ops. However, it is an offer we've made to every serious admin candidate this year. --forgottenlord 04:18, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
- I'll second that. During his "lessons", I've taught him how to kick, ban properly, unban, mute, et cetera. We've had plenty of experience on #gruntcorner, using volunteered guinea pigs (including me) to get each of the following. I must admit, EwCDnaudee419 is a fast learner and can learn a lot in a short time. Cheers. Sincerely, User:ImperatorExercitus/SigT
Spartansniper450 for low-level op
I'd like to request low-level op, ive been on #halopedia for almost 6 months now, i have a fair understanding of the rules and commands, if it helps I've never been kicked off, I'm on it almost everyday. Honor Guard Spartansniper450 4:37, Oct 30, 2008 (UTC)
Oppose - You've been a frequent user of the IRC for the past month or so, not the past sixth months. I've barely seen you on after that, and I don't see you taking any role in fighting stupidity and upholding the rules of the channel. File:CommanderTony Signature Logo.png|35px]] Commander Tony, Administrator of HalopediaTalk 10/30/2008