From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|This page is an official Halopedia policy|
Please read through the policy below to familiarize yourself with our common practices and rules.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints, please post them on the talk page.
|Policies of Halopedia|
|Canon • Notability • Spoilers|
|Blocking • Check User • Signature|
Requests for Adminship • Voting
Copyright • Deleting • Images • Protected Page • What Halopedia is not
|Manual of Style • Layout Guide • Referencing|
About vandalism • Dealing with vandalism
Halopedia's Spoilers Policy is as follows:
- The Spoiler Policy dictates the exclusion of plot information from campaigns, novels, and other major sources of canon, but not multiplayer. Halo: Reach, for example, would be considered a special circumstance as the campaign, Firefight, and multiplayer modes share map geometry.
- No spoiler content whatsoever will be allowed on Halopedia until the day of the official launch for a major release (i.e. games, films, and novels) in North America, Europe, or Australia. However, this excludes official information released by 343 Industries and Microsoft Studios.
- It should be noted that the Spoilers Policy allows content released officially and directly from the developers and publishers, but restricts official press even if the source is reputable and valid. Leaks, such as cutscenes or gameplay from bootlegged discs, are not allowed under any circumstances.
- Usernames featuring spoilers, such as "Character X dies", are not acceptable. Users in question will be required to submit a new, appropriate name upon notification.
- Starting from the launch date to a month's time in advance, the hide spoiler template will be used for those who still haven't had a chance to purchase the product; Those who have bought the product will be able to freely edit the wiki, albeit following the restrictions listed above.
- Information officially released by 343 Industries and other Halo developers before the release date will still be accepted.
- Violators will be given one official warning on their talk page.
- Noncompliance will result in a week-long ban for the user.
- Continued violations will result in more severe punitive action, potentially including an indefinite ban.