From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
On Halopedia we follow lots of Policies and Guidelines that it might get a little to much at times. This page lists some easy to remember tips for you to remember so you can easily understand what you can do.
- Do not be afraid to updating pages. It's a wiki!, we are meant to be edited.
- Be polite to other users at all times.
- When in doubt or you need assistance, take it to the talk page. If you disagree with an edit, its often easier to go to the talk page and discuss it over.
- Remember copyright. Halopedia uses the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported (CC-BY-SA). Everything you contribute must be compatible with that license.
- Make sure you add an edit summery, this allows other editors in the future to get an idea what you edited.
- Always assume good faith. For example if a new user posts an obvious mistake, attempt to assist them instead, and do not accuse them of being a vandal unless you have evidence to prove it.
- Don't revert good faith edits. Take it to the talk page if you are unsure on an edit and discuss it over.
- No personal attacks. Never attack another user, and try to be accepting of other users. We are all friends here.
- Sign your posts on talk pages using ~~~~, which gets replaced by your username and timestamp when you hit Save. But don't sign on mainspace articles.
- Use the preview button; it helps prevents edit conflicts and mistakes.
Most of all though, have fun!