Halopedia:Requests for Adminship/Rusty-112
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Reason for Nomination
As it's been a long time since the last set of RfAs were held, it's another time for which Halopedia deems the need to add more users into it's sysop team in order to cover up the gap of inactivity of such members, myself included.
Rusty-112 has proven himself a loyal and reliable user to Halopedia, with plenty of good quality edits under his belt, as well as his important recent addition of new images relevant to the new series of Halo games. With the upcoming release of Halo 4 this fall, I'm confident that the user in question is more than capable of handing the rights of administratorship and looking after the site when the new influx of traffic begins.
Support (10/4) sysop
- Support - Nìcmávr (Tálk) 07:53, 20 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support -Rusty is more than qualified to be an admin. He has my full support.--Spartacus (Talk | Contribs) 22:24, 20 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - Rusty's been here for 3 years, so no doubt he must have gained a lot of experience. He cleans up, upload images, and combats vandals. Adminship is well-deserved. —S331 (COM • Mission Log • Profile) 23:16, 20 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - Rusty-112 is a very active user and makes great contributions to the site. Considering his experience, he's more than qualified for the job. --Killamint [Comm|Files] 06:19, 21 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - Rusty-112 is one of the longest-serving active members of Halopedia. He knows the Halo universe inside and out; after three years of editing, he's certainly become familiar with the ropes of this wiki. He has my full support. --Courage never dies. 11:12, 21 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - See comment.— subtank 21:32, 22 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - As per Nicmavr. --Dragonclaws(talk) 04:44, 24 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - As per all of the above comments, he most definitely deserves this adminship. --TentacleTornado 09:14, 24 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - He's experienced, active and his edits are of excellent quality; an ideal choice for adminship. --Jugus (Talk | Contribs) 15:47, 25 August 2012 (EDT)
- Support - Always known Rusty to make good edits. Reading through the questionnaire, I see no reason not to support. SmokeSound off! 18:32, 29 August 2012 (EDT)
Neutral (0/0) Sysop
Against (0/0) Sysop
Some of the policies in Halopedia are outdated and require updates and amendments. It's good to know several users outside the administration are keeping an eye on them. Hopefully you can bring most of them up to date and enforce them with due diligence. :) — subtank 21:32, 22 August 2012 (EDT)
Nominee, if you accept the nomination, please answer the following questions. It is advised that voters check the nominee's responses before voting.
1. When did you join Halopedia?
- June 22, 2009
2. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to Halopedia?
- Among my 4300 edits, 124 pages creates, and 130 files uploaded, I'd say the multitude of edits I made regarding the Halo: Evolutions pages are probably my most stark examples (given that they were largely responsible for my Halopedian of the Month award.) That and updating and expanding pages such as Halo Waypoint.
3. What do you believe are your most valued technical contributions to Halopedia?
- General format cleanup, fixing broken links and unneeded redirects. I haven't really dealt with the site's code, so it's really limited to creating and moving pages.
4. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to the community?
- I will admit I could do more here. Aside from working with everyone to improve Halopedia and voting for HOTM there's more I could do to engage the rest of the community.
5. If you are administrated, what changes do you propose?
- Nothing revolutionary. Halopedia is doing pretty well as things are now. That said, I can't help but notice that our Signature Policy isn't exactly being followed to the letter, even by some of our more senior members. We should either enforce the policy, or change it.
6. To the best of your understanding, what does administratorship entail?
- Maintenance, protecting pages and blocking vandals, in general working to improve Halopedia while setting an example for new users. Most of all they protect the integrity of Halopedia as the web's greatest repository of Halo information.
7. To the best of your understanding, when will you be able to check Halopedia after you are administrated, in the event that you are?
- Daily. There may be short periods where I am unable to make extensive edits, but even then I'll be checking in and viewing other users' edits.
8. What communities are you associated with online, Halo and otherwise?
- Halopedia is pretty much it, aside from a Roosterteeth account. The rest of my interactions are in real life. This means that Halopedia has my full attention.
9. What is your familiarity with the Halo universe?
- I own just about every piece of Halo media. The full list can be seen on my profile page, but it includes most of the games and all of the novels.
10. What is your familiarity with Halopedia policies?
- I've read over all of the policies at least once, most several times. I'm most familiar with Halopedia's Canon Policy.
11. What is your relationship with the Halopedia community and current administration?
- I think I have a pretty good relationship (at the very least I haven't made any enemies!). That said I'm sure if I'm made an admin I'll spend more time on the community portal and Live chat.
12. How may users contact you?
-- Rusty - 112 20:57, 20 August 2012 (EDT)