Halopedia:Requests for Adminship/NightHammer
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Requests for Administratorship: NightHammer
Nominee, please accept or defer the above nomination below this line.
I, NightHammer, humbly accept this nomination for adminship.
Reason for Nomination
With Halo 5: Guardians and other media fast approaching, the Administration Team has decided that an additional admin would be of great benefit to the wiki.
NightHammer is one of the most active users on the site. He consistently makes high quality edits and participates in discussions/proposals, frequently submits featured article nominations, and all around is a very constructive user. I am confident he has what it takes to be trusted with a few extra tools and to handle such tools in a manner in which we expect.--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 13:41, 27 August 2015 (EDT)
Support (11/6) sysop
- Support - As the nominator.--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 13:41, 27 August 2015 (EDT)
- Support - I agree with Spartacus being the nominator. Helianthus — All right. Shoot!
- Support - He's a trustworthy and hardworking user on this wiki. Tuckerscreator(stalk) 15:50, 27 August 2015 (EDT)
- Support - I knew he was admin material since the day he started editing. Sith Venator (Dank Memes) 17:28, 27 August 2015 (EDT)
- Support - He is a very valuable contributor to Halopedia, and would make a great admin. Topal the Pilot (Talk|Contribs) 17:55, 27 August 2015 (EDT)
- Support - I support because he is a great editor and I doubt he will turn to the darkside. Alertfiend (talk) 18:41, 27 August 2015 (EDT)
- Support - As above, so below. -- Qura 'Morhek The Autocrat of Morheka 21:40, 27 August 2015 (EDT)
- Support - Absolutely. --Jugus (Talk | Contribs) 00:31, 28 August 2015 (EDT)
- Support - The admin team would be glad to welcome NightHammer aboard. --Our answer is at hand. (Talk to me.) 15:23, 29 August 2015 (EDT)
- Support - No doubt at all. —SPARTAN331 23:18, 30 August 2015 (EDT)
- Support You probably don't need my vote, but since you are such a helpful person I give it anyway. Would love to see ya as an admin due to your quick editing! Snark without a bark (talk) 23:38, 6 September 2015 (EDT)
Support Some bookish girl. Wikia stinks. 22:11, 29 August 2015 (EDT)
Against (0/0) sysop
If you don't mind me asking, are you relatively active outside of Halopedia? If so, can you please disclose where? :D — subtank 11:50, 5 September 2015 (EDT)
- I'm an occasional editor on Wookieepedia (I don't edit there nearly as often as I do here), and I sometimes comment on Reddit, but that's probably about it. That being said, none of my accounts on other websites are linked to each other. --NightHammer(talk)(contribs) 11:57, 5 September 2015 (EDT)
Nominee, if you accept the nomination, please answer the following questions. It is advised that voters check the nominee's responses before voting.
1. When did you join Halopedia?
- I joined Halopedia on March 28, 2014.
2. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to Halopedia?
- Generally the clean-up of old articles and the creation of new ones. I try to make sure that our articles are up to date and factually correct. I assisted with the implementation of the Appearances template, and I frequently help out with the Article Improvement Drive. I have also helped create several featured articles.
3. What do you believe are your most valued technical contributions to Halopedia?
- I have been working on improving a lot of the category organization recently, which perhaps may be my most valued technical contribution (off the top of my head). I have also created and improved several infoboxes and templates for use on this wiki.
4. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to the community?
- While I am not as involved with the community as I would like to be, I will often participate in discussions on talk pages and community proposals when I think my input may help. I try to be friendly to all users in discussions.
5. If you are administrated, what changes do you propose?
- Some of my changes would be more technical, such as more clean-up of the categories. I would probably help out more in redesigning Halopedia and other community proposals. I have been thinking about having "good articles" in addition to featured articles similar to how it is on Wookieepedia, though I'm not sure if we have enough active voting users to maintain it, but I would certainly try. And of course, multiplayer-related content needs to be improved upon. One of the projects I would like to carry out would be the clean-up of older pages (such as the removal of articles on real-life people that are not truly notable for their own page) and deletion of unused images.
6. To the best of your understanding, what does administratorship entail?
- Admins help settle disputes peacefully between users. Admins prevent vandalism and ensure a safe community on Halopedia. They work to make sure Halopedia is accurate and a reliable source on the internet for Halo-related information.
7. To the best of your understanding, when will you be able to check Halopedia after you are administrated, in the event that you are?
- I can usually check Halopedia quite frequently, at least several times a day unless I am particularly busy. I usually keep a Halopedia tab open on both my computer and my phone. I am starting university again soon, but it will hardly interfere with my activities here.
8. What communities are you associated with online, Halo and otherwise?
- Aside from Halopedia, I frequent the Star Wars and "HaloStory" subreddits of reddit where I often partake in discussions. I occasionally lurk on the Halo Archive, which I have considered joining. In terms of other wikis, I am an occasional editor on Wookieepedia and a former Wikipedia editor.
9. What is your familiarity with the Halo universe?
- I am very familiar with the Halo universe. I having been interested in the series since Halo 2 and currently own nearly every piece of Halo media, with the exception of Halo: Uprising and some games.
10. What is your familiarity with Halopedia policies?
- I am familiar with the majority of policies, though it never hurts to read up on them again.
11. What is your relationship with the Halopedia community and current administration?
- I would like to believe my relationship with the community and admins is pretty good. I have no personal issues with any users.
12. How may users contact you?
- Users may contact me through my talk page or by sending me messages on my board (public or private).