Halopedia:Requests for Adminship/CIA391
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Requests for Administratorship: CIA391
Nominee, please accept or defer the above nomination below this line.
Reason for Nomination
With a few admins only semi-active at the moment, myself included, an additional admin would be beneficial for the wiki.
This can almost go without being said, but CIA is a fantastic user who possesses a great understanding of how the wiki operates and is quite trustworthy. CIA is already a Patroller and top contributor, so sysop rights would greatly benefit him as well as Halopedia.--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 16:30, 23 June 2017 (EDT)
Support (13/6) sysop
- Support - As the nominator.--Spartacus Talk • Contribs 16:30, 23 June 2017 (EDT)
- Support - As per nomination.Sith Venator (Dank Memes) 17:36, 23 June 2017 (EDT)
- Support - As per nomination. User:Adopter of Knowledge--AOK 18:17, 23 June 2017 (EDT)
- Support - per nomination. -- Qura 'Morhek The Autocrat of Morheka 18:57, 23 June 2017 (EDT)
- Support - TentacleTornado 19:24, 24 June 2017 (EDT)
- Support - As per nom. --NightHammer(talk)(contribs) 15:39, 25 June 2017 (EDT)
- Support - As per nomination. Congratulations, and many thanks for your hard work here. --Weeping Angel (talk) 12:05, 26 June 2017 (EDT)
- Support - — subtank 13:13, 26 June 2017 (EDT)
- Support -- Rusty-112 Admin comm 22:53, 26 June 2017 (EDT)
- Support --Jugus (talk) 12:21, 28 June 2017 (EDT)
- Support --Our answer is at hand. (Talk to me.) 13:01, 28 June 2017 (EDT)
- Support - No objections here. --Shazamikaze, Halopedia Team Talk 11:25, 1 July 2017 (EDT)
- Support – They're a wonderful contributor and they've led community efforts throughout the fandom. To a lesser extent, their comprehension and concepts of Halo are brilliant. Helianthus — All right. Shoot!
Against (0/0) sysop
- "I aim to run this wiki's Twitter and Facebook so we can help gain more people here"
- — CIA391
Best of luck on Twitter and Facebook! I believe we've made several attempts to have Halopedia active on these two social media but achieved little. — subtank 13:19, 26 June 2017 (EDT)
- I have a few plans. Some that rely on friendships I made over the past few years. So hopefully it all works out.-CIA391 (talk) 06:04, 27 June 2017 (EDT)
Nominee, if you accept the nomination, please answer the following questions. It is advised that voters check the nominee's responses before voting.
1. When did you join Halopedia?
Well technically I joined on 3 June 2010. But I didn't become active till around 19 December 2014. Then I just continued to edit leading to me putting up lots of stuff.
2. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to Halopedia?
I feel that my Armor variant pages(All of which are here) I worked on in 2016 for half a year is one of the most valued contributions and shows how committed to a task I can be once I start it sources and all.
I also think my work on the Forerunner symbols page is one that I am proud of cause I managed to work out stuff and make that page the best Forerunner research page on the net.
Though I have a passion for obscure media so the Halo Wars Launch Site is my personal fav as it turned into the best record of a site that has been gone since 2010.
3. What do you believe are your most valued technical contributions to Halopedia?
Technical huh. Well I think right now is cleaning out that Unused files from over 1100 images to 1 so it can do its job of helping admins find homes for images that can be used.
Getting the Armor pages in a very neat format is another technical contribution I think was very valued. As it is now adopted by regular editors who edit the wiki now.
4. What do you believe are your most valued contributions to the community?
Well I love to try and get people to talk to one another, and well as a whole my Community linking project is probably my most valued contribution to the community. Where I have currently made Community hubs on numerous sites(like I helped improve here,r/Halo's, and several other places.)
5. If you are administrated, what changes do you propose?
Well my main reason I wanted to be a administrator was to complete my task of tiding this wiki up, most of the special pages could be cleared out of stuff that not vital or are useless. After that, I aim to run this wiki's Twitter and Facebook so we can help gain more people here. I mean getting plenty new blood is a change we are after right.
I also have a goal of helping Halopedia partner up with several sites if we are able.
And with that if I have time. Try and improve the design of Halopedia so we draw people get them to stay for more than just the wiki itself.
6. To the best of your understanding, what does administratorship entail?
Well look good, don't start fights, be reasonable, and talk things through. Also be a role-model and push new ideas so we can improve the community(we need to do this as I dont want Halopedia to die after all).
7. To the best of your understanding, when will you be able to check Halopedia after you are administrated, in the event that you are?
Currently any day of the week. Though that can change at any time. But right now I am fine.
8. What communities are you associated with online, Halo and otherwise?
9. What is your familiarity with the Halo universe?
Well I maintain lists on Halo Waypoint about all the Halo media and what orders you should do them in. I am also familiar with obscure lore and personally added lots onto Halopedia itself. So I say I am very versed and am often called a Lore expert by many.
10. What is your familiarity with Halopedia policies?
Well enough to make sure I haven't been banned in the past. ;)
11. What is your relationship with the Halopedia community and current administration?
I like to think I can speak to most of the admins, and Community as a whole(Halopedian and outside places) in a positive way. If I need help I know who I can go to to assist me advice wise.
12. How may users contact you?