Tactical training round
The TTR has a plastic polymer shell that helps maintain the actual characteristics of bullet flight. Inside, there is a proximity fuse that dissolves the shell when the round comes within 10 centimeters of a surface. Once dissolved, a blob of red paint splatters onto the target. The paint also hides a powerful anesthetic, capable of knocking a target unconscious for hours depending on the area hit, and immobilizes the nano-fibers woven into training clothing, causing it to harden. The target then loses the ability to move the body part that is hit, simulating a bullet wound to that area. At the end of an exercise, the trainees can be unfrozen with a specialized baton.
The rounds can be used in most UNSC firearms, including MA5 series assault rifles, M6 series sidearms, SRS99 series sniper rifles, as well as XBR55 battle rifles. There are also TTR grenades and claymores.
A less advanced version of a tactical training round is used in the paint pellet gun.
List of appearances
- Halo: Contact Harvest (First appearance)
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- Halo: Initiation
- ^ Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- ^ a b c Halo: Contact Harvest, page 215
- ^ Halo: Contact Harvest, page ??
- ^ Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Part I
- ^ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, "Dirt", page 122