|Halopedia has a walkthrough guide to this level, Scarab (level). See Scarab (level)/Walkthrough.|
|“||Send in ground units to destroy a Covenant super weapon.||”|
Scarab is the seventh campaign level of the real-time strategy game, Halo Wars.
After several plasma-based Rhinos take down the Covenant shield dome, UNSC forces are sent inside to find out what the Covenant were protecting. As a couple of Rhinos patrol the area, they are easily destroyed by the nearby immobile but functional "Super" Scarab, which moves its head in a constant scanning motion. As the UNSC forces are alerted of this threat, Captain Cutter orders all UNSC units inside the area to destroy the Scarab before the Covenant make it mobile.
As advised by the AI Serina, UNSC forces including Sergeant John Forge take out a series of power nodes linking to the Scarab. The destruction of each power node slows down the movement of the Scarab's head. The firebase that the UNSC have set up is directly in front of the Super Scarab, but is blocked by a wall-like barrier of Forerunner structures. Over the course of the level, the Scarab consistently attempts to break through the wall in order to destroy the base. If the player is successful, the UNSC forces are able to destroy the Scarab with tanks, Marines, and a MAC gun from the orbiting Spirit of Fire before it can destroy the UNSC base.
- Prophet of Regret: "Arbiter, you are unusually quiet. What troubles occupy your thoughts?"
- Ripa 'Moramee: "Hierarch, I do not wish to be impudent, but you have charged me with the destruction of humanity-"
- Prophet of Regret: "A most noble cause, for one with such a troubled past."
- Ripa 'Moramee: "And I am thankful for my task. But sire, you have me skulk in ancient ruins and search empty temples. How does this help me accomplish my goal?"
- Prophet of Regret: "The war with the humans will require a great deal many more machines than we can currently muster."
The Arbiter draws his two Energy Swords. The Honor Guards react slightly.
- Ripa 'Moramee: "I will take what we have!"
- Prophet of Regret: "And leave us defenseless? No. The Ancients will provide for us."
The Arbiter deactivates his Energy Swords as Regret approaches a console at the end of the walkway.
- Prophet of Regret: "This world shall be the birthplace for an invasion fleet beyond imagining. Enough to crush the humans quickly...and with ease."
- Ripa 'Moramee: "But this world lies dormant, it is just a shell."
Regret turns around angrily.
- Prophet of Regret: "Blasphemy!"
Regret turns back to the console.
- Prophet of Regret: "The key will be found with patience."
Regret slides his finger across the console, but the buttons flash with red light.
- Prophet of Regret: "But perhaps, there is a quicker way. The human female from the ice relic, she has some knowledge in this regard. The new planet the Relic has lead us to has also led her. Capture that human and bring her here!"
- Ripa 'Moramee: "It will be done."
The Arbiter turns and departs.
Inside the jungle the energy dome once covered, two Rhinos leave the UNSC firebase.
- Captain James Gregory Cutter: "You've advanced to where the force field stood, take a look around."
Two Rhinos move past several ruins into the open, but one is destroyed by a green plasma beam. The other faces the attacker before it suffers the same fate.
- Sergeant John Forge (COM): "What was that?"
The beam is revealed to come from a stationary and incomplete, yet active V1 Scarab, which stands in front a Forerunner ruin.
- Serina: "The Scarab is incomplete, but its head is operational. Its field of fire prevents any chance of retreat or extraction. You'll have to destroy it."
- Forge (COM): "Build up our base and army, and go kill that Scarab."
Forge's Warthog, two Rhinos, a Warthog, two Marine squads, and a Scorpion regroup near the UNSC firebase, which is setting up a second reactor.
- Forge (COM): "The Scarab's searchlight beam shows the direction its facing. The temple ruins in this area will provide some cover, but not forever."
The UNSC forces encounters and destroys a T-30 Locust.
- Forge (COM): "Destroy those Locusts where ever you find them, they're building killers."
The UNSC forces find a power node in the area.
- Cutter: "The Scarab's weapon system is relying on the power nodes in this area, destroy them to reduce the Scarab's combat effectiveness."
The UNSC forces destroy a power node.
- Serina: "You've destroyed a power node, the Scarab's head is turning a little more slowly."
The UNSC forces destroy another power node.
- Serina: "The Scarab's head is moving even slower now, keep it up."
The UNSC forces destroys a third power node.
- Serina: "The head is tracking more slowly."
Some Covenant forces assault the UNSC base.
- Forge (COM): "They've launched a counter-attack on our base!"
The UNSC forces approach where the Scarab is positioned.
- Forge (COM): "It can't fire in two directions at once, maybe we can use that to our advantage."
- Forge (COM): "The Engineers are repairing the Scarab! Take them out!"
The UNSC force continue to attack the Scarab, and its health is depleted halfway.
- Serina: "The Scarab is about half-dead or half-alive, take your pick."
The UNSC forces keep up their attack, and the Scarab's health is almost completely depleted.
- Serina: "Almost there, the Scarab is nearly destroyed."
- Forge (COM): "If that thing burns through that barrier of ruins and destroys our Command Center, we're dead."
After intense and heavy fighting, the Scarab is finally destroyed.
- Serina: "No problem, I told you we'd make it."
The Scarab explodes violently. Debris are blown across the jungle area.
- Cutter: "The Scarab is destroyed. Victory is ours today."
- There is a glitch in this level, which causes your MAC Blast to be unable to recharge. You also gain an extra shot afterward.
- There is a glitch in the level, which effectively gives the player infinite time, if done properly. There is a garrisonable sniper tower - if you have the "New Blood" upgrade, garrisoning Marines in there will make the Scarab constantly fire at the tower. Due to the floating nature of the sniper tower, the Marines take no damage and an invisible wall stops the shot from penetrating. If the player sends a unit in the way of the Scarab's fire, it will return to normal and the glitch becomes useless. There are also spots near the Scarab where a squad of Marines can stand firing at the Scarab, while the Scarab beam always misses them; it's possible that the Scarab will keep firing at that squad of Marines for a long time.
- The V1 Scarab featured in this level is labelled as a "Super Scarab".
- In the beginning of the level, the announcer mentions "Firebase Ready" as if announcing the creation of a new base, but the base is actually a Fortress.
Dome of Light
|Halo Wars Campaign Missions
| Succeeded by|