Sangheili point defense gauntlet
A Sangheili Point Defense Gauntlet is a protection orientated device carried by the Sangheili of the Covenant and, later, the Separatists. These shields are very similar to the Kig-Yar Point Defense Gauntlet in usage, but differ in appearance. Whereas the Kig-Yar variant produces round and deep shields, the Sangheili variant is flat and less practical in combat.
 Operational Use
While the Point Defense Gauntlet has never been encountered by UNSC forces, it was used by Special Operations Commander Rtas 'Vadumee during the infiltration and then destruction of the Infinite Succor. Instead of the triple-layered shield seen in Halo: Combat Evolved 's early development stage, this was a diamond-shaped shield with only one layer; it was also seen to be able to absorb attacks, making the shield highly resilient.
- This item was going to be used in Halo: Combat Evolved by Sangheili soldiers, but it was replaced by the Sangheili Personal Energy Shield, and the Point Defense Gauntlet was given to the Jackals instead.
- Rtas 'Vadumee activates it when he duels against Kusovai in the Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor story; the shield is active along with the Energy Sword on the same arm, indicating it is probably attached to the user's wrist.
- In Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, Sangheili warriors find it dishonorable to use Kig-Yar shield gauntlets, perhaps explaining why the Sangheili shield variant is not curved and leaves much of the body exposed.
 List of appearances
- ^ Halo E3 2000 Trailer
- ^ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page ??
- ^ Halo Graphic Novel, "The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor", page 52