Patrol is a live-action advertisement video for Halo: Reach, part of the Remember Reach advertising campaign. In the short, three UNSC troopers from 3 Charlie are on patrol, discussing a recent confrontation Noble Team had with insurrectionists, before being sent to investigate a disturbance in the Comm Relay Hub in Visegrad.
Three UNSC infantrymen stand guard at night in a snowy landscape. An APC is seen on the foreground.
- Trooper #1: Heard Noble Team had an interesting morning.
- Trooper #2: Yeah, they surprised a couple of SCIs trying to hijack a supply transport. Innies never even saw them.
- Trooper #1: Insurgents vs. Spartans? That's not even a fight.
- Trooper #2: Well that's probably why-
- Operator (radio): 3 Charlie. Come in.
- Trooper #1: 3 Charlie. Copy.
- Operator (radio): Prep your team for immediate mobilization to Visegrad. We've lost contact with the Comm Relay Hub. Possible insurrectionist activity.
- Trooper #1: Roger. We're on the way. 3 Charlie, out.
Trooper #2 grabs his duffel bag from the ground
- Trooper #3: It's not enough we fight the Covenant. We have to come back down here and get attacked by our own people as well.
The soldiers check their weapons
- Trooper #1: That's the job. And you can bet there will be more fires to put out tomorrow... so stay focused. Let's move.
The troopers start walking toward the APC.
Cut to planet Reach shown from space, with the star Epsilon Eridani falling behind the horizon. Screen fades to black, text shown:
HALO: REACH logo is shown
- This trailer is 1:17 long, which may be a reference to Bungie's love of the number seven (1x1x7=7, as well as the length, which is 77 seconds). It is also be a reference to John-117's SPARTAN tag.
- The troopers in the video wear United States Marine Corps MARPAT digital woodland uniforms under their armor.
- Despite being Army personnel, the members of 3 Charlie wear ODST armor in the Patrol teaser video. The members of 3 Charlie encountered in Winter Contingency wear Army BDUs.
- The troopers wield MA5C assault rifles rather than MA37 assault rifles, which are standard-issue for Army personnel. This is likely because the MA5C props had been used in The Life and the director's cut of Birth of a Spartan. These props were later used in Deliver Hope.