Extended operations in exotic and hazardous environments
- "Some operations are considered hazardous even for a fully armored Spartan"
- —Description of the HAZOP helmet.
HAZOP-class Mjolnir (Hazard Operability), is a variant of the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor. The HAZOP variant was first developed for the MJOLNIR Mark V Powered Assault Armor. The variant was carried over to the GEN2 system, and is now manufactured and battle-tested at Gdynia, Mars by Acheron Security.
Two upgrades are availible for the helmet, the first adds a Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear Module with a Hardened Uplink Module on the right side (CBRN/HUL), and the second adds the unnamed attachment similar to night vision goggles found on the Operator variant with a Command Network Module on the left side (incorrectly called a CNM-I, the correct title being (unknown)/CNM).
|“||Manufactured and battle-tested just outside of the city of Gdynia on Mars.||”|
It was developed by Acheron Security. When its contract was transferred from the Materials Group, Acheron Security re-architected the GEN2 HAZOP-class armor systems explicitly for extended operations within exotic and environmentally hazardous locales. Templates for the GEN2 were acquired by Acheron Security in 2553, where a number of advances were engineered to enhance protective operability during EVA deployment while outside a vehicle in slipspace. The armor contains redundant oxygen filtration systems, modified rebreather caster lines, and the most advanced radiation shielded underarmor mesh currently in production by the UNSC.
Some operations are considered hazardous even for a fully armored Spartan.
Base price: 7,000 cR, Recruit
- Description: Mk.V helmet variant for use in hazardous environments
CBRN/HUL price: 2,000 cR, Sergeant
- Description: For operations in extremely hazardous environments; hardened uplink module.
CNM-I price: 1,000 cR, Captain
- Description: Command network module-Improved; upgraded variant of the standard issue CNM unit.
Shoulders price: 500 cR(per shoulder), Recruit
- Description: Some operations are considered hazardous even for a fully armored Spartan.
Unlock: Achieve Spartan Rank 43
- Description: Manufactured and battle-tested just outside of the city of Gdynia on Mars.
Available skins: FRST(Forest)
- The FRST skin was a pre-order bonus though Gamestop. It is also available in the Halo 4 Game of the Year Edition.
|Browse more images on this article's gallery page.|
The helmet of the HAZOP armor as seen in Halo: Reach.
List of appearances
- ^ a b Halo 4
- ^ Halo: Reach
- ^ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 155
- ^ Halo 4 Limited Edition, UNSC Infinity briefing packet