MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/HAZOP variant
- "Some operations are considered hazardous even for a fully armored Spartan"
- —Description of the HAZOP helmet.
The MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/HAZOP (Hazard Operability), is a variant of the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor. The HAZOP variant was first developed for the MJOLNIR Mark V Powered Assault Armor. The variant was carried over to the GEN2 system, and is now manufactured and battle-tested at Gdynia, Mars by Acheron Security.
Two upgrades are availible for the helmet, the first adds a Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear Module with a Hardened Uplink Module on the right side (CBRN/HUL), and the second adds the unnamed attachment similar to night vision goggles found on the Operator variant with a Command Network Module on the left side (incorrectly called a CNM-I, the correct title being (unknown)/CNM).
|“||Manufactured and battle-tested just outside of the city of Gdynia on Mars.||”|
It was developed by Acheron Security. When its contract was transferred from the Materials Group, Acheron Security re-architected the GEN2 HAZOP-class armor systems explicitly for extended operations within exotic and environmentally hazardous locales. Templates for the GEN2 were acquired by Acheron Security in 2553, where a number of advances were engineered to enhance protective operability during EVA deployment while outside a vehicle in slipspace. The armor contains redundant oxygen filtration systems, modified rebreather caster lines, and the most advanced radiation shielded underarmor mesh currently in production by the UNSC.
List of appearances
- ^ Halo: Waypoint: First Look: Halo: Reach Actions Figures!
- ^ YouTube: PAX Prime 2012 Day 1
- ^ IGN Video: Halo: Reach Xbox 360 Video - The Armory Video
- ^ Halo 4 Interactive Guide
- ^ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 155
- ^ Halo 4 Limited Edition, UNSC Infinity briefing packet