Extended operations in exotic and hazardous environments
- "Some operations are considered hazardous even for a fully armored Spartan"
- —Description of the HAZOP helmet.
HAZOP-class Mjolnir (Hazard Operability), is a MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor, is a MJOLNIR armor variant originally designed by the Materials Group, with the GEN2 version being manufactured by Acheron Security.
The HAZOP armor utilizes a specialized material that helps protect the user normal from heightened exposure to radiation that normal Mjolnir suits cannot. HAZOP also employs a unique technology to process and manufacture oxygen in highly toxic conditions.
Early on in the Human-Covenant War prototypes of the suits were created for use for where the UNSC had to battle the Covenant head on in environments that were chemically volatile for average Mjolnir suits.
|“||Manufactured and battle-tested just outside of the city of Gdynia on Mars.||”|
The helmet has a view-path stabilizing visor with AZ-T sensor array, with a modified rebreather castor lines. The chest contains a redundant oxygen filtration system (Unit A-7X43), with the reactor pack is a firm-case fusion pack to simplify withdrawal process. The armor also has the most advanced radiation shielded underarmor mesh currently in production by the UNSC.
Templates for the GEN2 were acquired by Acheron Security from the Materials Group in 2553, where a number of advances were engineered to enhance protective operability during EVA deployment while outside a vehicle in slipspace.
Acheron Security re-architected the GEN2 HAZOP-class armor systems explicitly for extended operations within exotic and environmentally hazardous locales.
While its process of operability during EVA deployment while outside a vehicle in slipspace is slow, many Spartans have adopted the framework of HAZOP.
Some operations are considered hazardous even for a fully armored Spartan.
Base price: 7,000 cR, Recruit
- Description: Mk.V helmet variant for use in hazardous environments
CBRN/HUL price: 2,000 cR, Sergeant
- Description: For operations in extremely hazardous environments; hardened uplink module.
CNM-I price: 1,000 cR, Captain
- Description: Command network module-Improved; upgraded variant of the standard issue CNM unit.
Shoulders price: 500 cR(per shoulder), Recruit
- Description: Some operations are considered hazardous even for a fully armored Spartan.
Unlock: Achieve Spartan Rank 43
- Description: Manufactured and battle-tested just outside of the city of Gdynia on Mars.
Available skins: FRST(Forest)
- The FRST skin was a pre-order bonus though Gamestop. It is also available in the Halo 4 Game of the Year Edition.
|Browse more images on this article's gallery page.|
The helmet of the HAZOP armor as seen in Halo: Reach.
List of appearances
- ^ a b c d e f Halo: The Essential Visual Guide - Page 92
- ^ a b c d e f Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - Page 155
- ^ Halo: Reach - Armory description
- ^ Halo 4 Limited Edition - UNSC Infinity briefing packet
- ^ Halo 4 Interactive Guide - Armor Types: HAZOP