Numerous starfighters in service with the UNSC are equipped with machine-linked autocannons. These include exoatmospheric craft like GA-TL1 Longswords, YSS-1000 Sabres, F-41 Broadswords, and even suborbital bombers like the B-65 Shortsword. Several models of the autocannon exist, while the calibre of the rounds ranging from 30mm to 50mm. The autocannons are very effective in engaging hostile spacecraft, such as Phantoms and Seraphs.
M9109 ASW/AC 50mm
The GA-TL1 Longsword fighter is equipped with two M9109 autocannons that fires 50mm projectiles. They are often used in an air-to-surface combat capacity during tactical strikes. The Longsword's autocannons are very effective against Covenant Seraphs.
M1075 ASW/AC 35mm
The F-41 Broadsword fighter is equipped with two M1075 autocannons. The autocannon is not rigidly attached to the fighter's hull, but is on a versatile mounting bracket. This allows it to target hostiles with ease. It is very powerful, being able to effectively eliminate Forerunner weaponry, such as Z-8250 light artillery.
M1024 ASW/AC 30mm
Two M1024 cannons are mounted on the YSS-1000 Sabre as its main armament. The Sabre is armed with two cannons, one on each wing, situated close to the cockpit. The cannons fire 30mm rounds that travel slowly and requires the pilot to lead the shots. The cannons are very powerful and can take out a Banshee in one or two shots and can quickly take out a Seraph starfighter's shielding, leaving it vulnerable to homing missiles.
M955 ASW/AC 30mm
The B-65 Shortsword is equipped with several M955 autocannons that fires 30mm projectiles. The autocannons complement the Shortsword's M/RODAS delivery system, allowing it to engage hostile aircraft.
The M1024 ASW/AC 30mm MLA autocannon on a YSS-1000 Sabre.
List of appearances
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (Mentioned only)
- The Commissioning
- Halo 4
- Halo: Escalation
- ^ a b c Halo: Reach - Game Manual
- ^ Halo: The Essential Visual Guide
- ^ Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Library
- ^ Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 112
- ^ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 114
- ^ Halo 4, campaign level, Midnight
- ^ Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 161
- ^ Halo: Reach, campaign level, Long Night of Solace
- ^ Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 176