Often abbreviated as HBO, halo.bungie.org is, arguably, the most popular and famous fansite for the Halo series. Its webmaster is Claude Errera (posting under the handle "Louis Wu"). It currently is under the url of nikon.bungie.org.
Since its inception in 1999, HBO has reached significant recognition from Bungie. A character, as well as a nightclub in Halo: Reach have been named after Claude Errera. Halo.bungie.org and its staff also received recognition in the Tribute Room easter egg.
 Popular HBO features
 Movies Catalog
Halo.Bungie.Org's main maintainer, "Louis Wu", receives hundreds of requests a week to put up videos on the HBO website by Halo fans. Not all are accepted, however it is still a struggle because of limited bandwidth and the fact that Mythica.org shut down in early 2008. The actual Movies Catalog hasn't been updated at all since the movie "Hunter in AotCR Pit" (2004), but Louis says it will be updated. For now you can look for new updated movies in the News section.
 Halo Story Page
HBO also features a Halo Story Page section dedicated to all aspects of the Halo story, from backstories, to reference articles, speculation and game transcripts. However, the most notable feature of the Halo Story Page is the Halo Story Timeline, the most detailed and complex timeline of the Halo series on the internet.
 Character Scale Chart
Stephen Loftus created a program that allowed users to compare size ratios of different characters from Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2. In the program you can choose a character from each list, hit 'Compare' and characters are shown to scale. The measure in the background denotes feet. (The Master Chief, for example, is exactly 7ft tall.)
 HBO Trivia
- Claude Errera, the HBO webmaster, uses the name of the main character in Ringworld, Louis Wu, when posting. Ringworld is a classic science-fiction novel by Larry Niven which inspired various elements of Halo, not least the idea of setting the game on a ring-shaped superstructure.
- The website was mentioned in the credits of Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 3: ODST.
- During October 2008, HBO was cracked twice by an entity calling itself "TheDefaced". Both attacks, the first on October 25th and the second on October 27th, replaced the main page with an image of a large face which linked to "TheDefaced"'s website.
- ^ Stephen Loftus's Halo Character Scale Chart
- ^ The front page was hacked? (forums.bungie.org)
- ^ Front page is hacked again (forums.bungie.org)