|“||Fight for prime real estate on the shores of New Alexandria.||”|
Human city, park
Beachhead is a Firefight map in Halo: Reach. The level is set in Caracalla Park, a natural park in the metropolitan city of New Alexandria on the planet Reach and is based on the final section of the campaign level Exodus.
Beachhead is a large asymmetrical Firefight map set in the verdant Caracalla Park. Beachhead's playing area runs from a small lagoon on the right through some open areas studded with boulders, trees and other buildings to a rocky wooded area to the right. Dividing the lagoon from the wooded area is an access road that runs from the main Pavilion building where players spawn to a small structure in the center of the map, which also has a bridge that runs from it to another smaller building set on top of a hill. The main Pavilion building has a set of steps leading up from the main road to the hallway where players spawn and also has some stairs that lead up to the roof, which has a full view of the entire map. On the lower right of the building is an open garage that has a drivable Rocket Hog in it.
The following are locations on the map that are so named on the player's HUD during gameplay:
- Beach Road
- Central Coast
- Access Road
- The design and setting of Beachhead are similar to that of Lost Platoon, the Firefight map from Halo 3: ODST. However, Lost Platoon is set on a savanna, whereas Beachhead takes place in a much more temperate area.
- The hazards on this map are the Wraith and the Ghost.
- Beachhead was the first Firefight map to feature the Rocket Hog.
A Firefight match on Beachhead.
A Warthog on Beachhead.
A Spartan fighting a Mgalekgolo.
A Spartan performing an assassination on a Kig-Yar
A trio of Spartans inside a Drop Shield on Beachhead.
- ^ a b YouTube: Halo: Reach Firefight 2.0 Gameplay
- ^ IGN: E3 2010: Firefight in Halo: Reach – Bigger & Better