AMG Transport Dynamics
AMG Transport Dynamics, also referred to as Asklon, is a vehicle manufacturing company. AMG has contracts for light-armored vehicles for the UNSC Army, Navy, and Marine Corps as well as other vehicles used throughout human space. The company also makes numerous civilian vehicles such as the Capri and the Hog.
AMG Transport Dynamics designed the first prototype of the M12 Warthog, the Z-12, was designed in 2319. The company initiated a well-crafted advertising campaign and formed a skilled engineering team to showcase the Z-12 prototype's abilities in the unpopulated outlands of Mars and Luna. AMG claimed that the Z-12 could "go anywhere and do anything". In the first eight months of the Z-12's existence, AMG received over three dozen exclusivity contracts; the largest and most profitable of these contracts came from the Colonial Military Administration. AMG secured the deal with the CAA in 2321 to meet most of the organization's land-based transportation needs. The Z-12 was then resdesignated the M12 Warthog. Coming into service with the UNSC, the Warthog became the most popular military all-terrain vehicle. However, AMG's Mongoose and Civet vehicle lines trailed closely behind.
In 2483, AMG Transport Dynamics began to manufacture lightly armored all-terrain vehicles for the UNSC. AMG produced seventeen different versions of the "Mongoose" line, with the most recent model being the M274. In 2523, a rebellion broke out on Andesia. The widespread insurgency eventually reached the heavily defended AMG Transport Dynamics facilities in the capital city of Noctus.
AMG's facility in New Mombasa, Kenya, on Earth was raided by the Covenant during their invasion of the city on October 20. 2552. It was destroyed when the Covenant glassed the city the following day.
M12 Warthog line
The company had facilities in the following cities and locations:
- The sign on the Tterrab Industries building seen in the level Metropolis in Halo 2 originally read "Askloun". The name was slightly altered in Halo 3: ODST.
- In Halo 3: ODST, the company is only referred to as "Asklon". Their posters can be seen throughout the city, including all the accessible buildings in Mombasa Streets and even the NMPD Headquarters. It is possible that Asklon is either what the letter "A" in the title means or that it is a subsidiary of the company.
- The logo looks similar to the icon for the Junior Detective achievement in Halo 3: ODST.
- AMG may be a reference to either AM General, a real world company that produces the HMMWV or Humvee, or the Mercedes-Benz AMG (Aufrecht Melcher Großaspach) tuning and racing division.
- The "Destiny Awaits" poster foreshadows Destiny, Bungie's first post-Halo video game franchise. The white circle represents the Traveler, a mysterious object that orbits Earth and grants the player character supernatural abilities.
A tablet commonly displayed inside Asklon buildings; the goal of "Infinity" refers to an earlier Bungie game, Marathon Infinity.
AMG's New Mombasa facility as seen in the Keep It Clean trailer for Halo 3: ODST; the final game uses the name "Asklon" instead
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Combat Evolved
- Halo: The Flood
- Halo: First Strike
- i love bees
- Halo 2
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
- Halo Graphic Novel
- Halo: Landfall
- Halo: Uprising
- Halo 3
- Halo: Contact Harvest
- Halo: The Cole Protocol
- Halo Wars
- Halo 3: ODST
- Halo Legends
- Halo Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Halo: Blood Line
- Remember Reach
- Halo: Reach
- Halo: Fall of Reach
- Halo: Glasslands
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
- Halo: The Thursday War
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- Halo 4
- Halo: Initiation
- Halo: Escalation
- Halo: Nightfall
- ONI: Walk the Path (Mentioned only)
- Halo 2 Anniversary
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Warthog
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Mongoose
- ^ a b Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder: Beta Late Than Never
- ^ a b Halo 3: ODST, campaign level Mombasa Streets
- ^ Halo 3: ODST, campaign level Coastal Highway
- ^ a b Bungie.net: The Warthog
- ^ Halo 3, the Mongoose's chassis
- ^ Halo 3: ODST: Asklon cities list poster
- ^ YouTube: First Look Halo 2